Newcastle Utd vs Tottenham Hotspur - 16/10/11 @ 4pm - live on SKY

Anderson

Would be great if we could get 4-6 points out of the next 2 games, would hopefully mean that even if our form's a bit ropey over the following 5 league games (as you'd expect) we'd still be in a very good position approaching Christmas, especially since we should hold no fear for the 4 games following that.

Part of me wants to lose a game with the current XI without Santon, Ben Arfa & Marveaux because I reckon it'd be a massive boost let's say we lose this one, then for Wigan we have those 3 straight in. We're going to lose at some point, I've got a feeling this will be 1-2 but we'll win the next two.

If Simpson and Obertan defend our right flank like they did second half at Wolves, we will lose. Know where you're coming from about Pardew not changing an undefeated team. However, i reckon he will for this.

Want to lose a game?  Don't be silly ffs. :lol:

A good manager should see the faults and weak links in spite of results and be bold enough to change things around.  We have quality players waiting to come in and they shouldn't be left on the bench to accomadate deadwood like Ryan Taylor.

People read that far too literally ffs. :lol:

Surely you can see my point about it being better to introduce those 3 after a defeat to give us a boost?

I can see your point, however I feel introducing them into a winning side will make the transition easier, as there will be less pressure etc.

People read that far too literally ffs. :lol:

Surely you can see my point about it being better to introduce those 3 after a defeat to give us a boost?

I can see your point, however I feel introducing them into a winning side will make the transition easier, as there will be less pressure etc.

starting ben arfa and santon in stead of best and raylor or simpson will give us an extra boost! both will be top motivated and perform good....cant see why we shouldnt get at least 1 point from this game.....too early to stop our unbeaten run!!! imagine a win....it would be awesome to get 3 points from spurs and keep them behind us....if this is THE season whose are the ones we should battle out a "top" position with!!

if prefer we play same formation....just swap best with arfa and let him play behind Ba. not really sure if obertan should be dropped? who should replace him? i like jonas on the left....can marveaux do the job on the left? it will be a though job closing Bale down!!

I have to say I really like the look of the two Spurs full backs. Walker and Ekkotu are good examples of what a difference quality full backs can make to a side.

But only one is decent defensively.  Walker is still learning the trade and often finds himself out of position and being covered by Kaboul.  No doubt in my mind Walker will be very good but still work in progress (imo).

I have to say I really like the look of the two Spurs full backs. Walker and Ekkotu are good examples of what a difference quality full backs can make to a side.

But only one is decent defensively.  Walker is still learning the trade and often finds himself out of position and being covered by Kaboul.  No doubt in my mind Walker will be very good but still work in progress (imo).

At the moment he looks to be quite good attacking, and as you've said a bit naive defensively. I've got high hopes for him though, and think he'll be England's next regular right-back.