Newcastle United 2 - 1 Everton - 05/11/11 - post-match reaction from page 26

James

Superb result and a good performance in the end; delighted with that. I thought it was an inevitability that they would equalise, but we ended up closing the game out really well. Wasn't remotely impressed with Everton. Riddled with mistakes and wasteful in the final third.

Second ffs. Tremendous.

Great that we could pull that off after losing Cabaye, Really good performance early in the first half, unlucky it didn't continue. Either way, another three points is fucking excellent. And two weeks for Cabaye, Tiote and Marv to hopefully recover.

Great first half, but man did we miss Tiote Cabaye and Marveaux in the 2nd.

That was hard on the heart that last 30 mins  :lol:, amazing to get another 3 points and get to 25, i was targetting 25 points by christmas.

With the confidence this high, I think that maybe we should go with a 4-3-3 against City and pack the midfield against City with Guthrie and Cabaye infront of Tiote. Play HBA and Ba behind Best. Pack that midfield.

Great 3 points!

How can anyone but Guthrie be man of the match? He was brilliant throughout.

It looks like Marveaux's groin has gone again - hopefully just a tweak.

Ben Arfa put in a decent effort. He didn't look worried about getting hurt, basically, which I think was holding him back.

Quite impressed with young Sammy as well. He looks a player.

Guest Minusmensch

Nice! Not a great match at all, but winning on bad days feels extremely nice. I think Guthrie is a monster (what the fuck happened to him? He used to be so mediocre.) and Gosling did good. Not bad at all.

Colo is a beast. What a man!