Man Utd 1 - 1 Newcastle Utd - 26/11/11 - post-match reaction from page 46

Beren

Guest Minusmensch

Anyone seen a good video of the pen again, in slow motion? Haven't seen it myself, but I just talked to a bunch of Manchester United fans and they said it was fair because Rio's right foot took Ben Arfa's foot before he took the ball with his left foot. Anyone?

Haven't seen it myself, as I ruled it out being sure it was never a pen. But I just got interested again when some Manchester United fans said it was fair and a pen. :frantic: ???

Refrained myself from posting in that thread.  :lol:

i was on that forum earlier, and in all honesty i actually looked for a reply from yourself :lol:

I didn't bother posting in any discussion on the match. Too much of an effort.  :lol:

That place has some canny discussion in the general football section (like this place in that respect) but I couldn't be arsed posting in the MUFC section.

I have but the two incidents are not entirely mutually exclusive IMO and i will enjoy this result in spite of the awful news. Although I can understand why some may deem my post inappropriate (obviously no offence is meant) as the Speed news is shocking and disturbing in far a greater measure than I can begin to fathom. Knocked me for 6 when I saw and I look forward to paying my respect next Saturday. Hopefully in applause rather than silence for the great man. Would be class if it was scarf thing too, a sea of black and white.

Ah shit, I didn't mean that pal or that you were wrong or owt. Genuinely thought you weren't aware.

I have but the two incidents are not entirely mutually exclusive IMO and i will enjoy this result in spite of the awful news. Although I can understand why some may deem my post inappropriate (obviously no offence is meant) as the Speed news is shocking and disturbing in far a greater measure than I can begin to fathom. Knocked me for 6 when I saw and I look forward to paying my respect next Saturday. Hopefully in applause rather than silence for the great man. Would be class if it was scarf thing too, a sea of black and white.

Ah shit, I didn't mean that pal or that you were wrong or owt. Genuinely thought you weren't aware.

Nee worries fella.:thup:

It's the Man u fans that get to me. Waiting for the train in Newcastle Saturday morning, there was actually one or two people on the platform with Man U gear on, going away to cheer on some team from another city against the team from the city of their belonging. Then, waiting in the queue for a tram into Manchester city centre post match, we were surrounded by Irish, Scottish, Scandinavian etc so called Man U fans.

Don't get me wrong, NUFC have fans worldwide, but the difference is that those fans don't follow the club because of it's success. 

It's the Man u fans that get to me. Waiting for the train in Newcastle Saturday morning, there was actually one or two people on the platform with Man U gear on, going away to cheer on some team from another city against the team from the city of their belonging. Then, waiting in the queue for a tram into Manchester city centre post match, we were surrounded by Irish, Scottish, Scandinavian etc so called Man U fans.

Don't get me wrong, NUFC have fans worldwide, but the difference is that those fans don't follow the club because of it's success. 

So all Manchester United fans are from Manchester or else glory-hunters?

In my case it was because I liked the colour red. I was only a child and a game was on TV and I took a liking to whoever the team in red was so my Mum bought me a kit then and it stemmed from there. Could have so easily gone a different way. A bit of a shit way to start supporting a football club but that's how it happened. :lol: I became passionate at around 12/13.

I still think it's unfair to call 99% non-Mancunian Man United fans glory-hunters, especially since our dominant period was in the 90's. Anyone who liked football from a young age and were 35+ would have witnessed Liverpool being the top dogs.

In my case it was because I liked the colour red. I was only a child and a game was on TV and I took a liking to whoever the team in red was so my Mum bought me a kit then and it stemmed from there. Could have so easily gone a different way. A bit of a s*** way to start supporting a football club but that's how it happened. :lol: I became passionate at around 12/13.

I still think it's unfair to call 99% non-Mancunian Man United fans glory-hunters, especially since our dominant period was in the 90's. Anyone who liked football from a young age and were 35+ would have witnessed Liverpool being the top dogs.

This is pretty much how my mate started supporting Man U too...... :laugh:

My Mum reckons Man United was one of the first things that came out of my mouth. :lol: I don't believe her though.

I remember trying to teach my brother how to say Solskjaer when he was a baby. It didn't work, but a year later I had got it so that when I said "Ruud" he replied with "Van Nistelrooy!" Wee gremlin supports Liverpool now.

In my case it was because I liked the colour red. I was only a child and a game was on TV and I took a liking to whoever the team in red was so my Mum bought me a kit then and it stemmed from there. Could have so easily gone a different way. A bit of a shit way to start supporting a football club but that's how it happened. :lol: I became passionate at around 12/13.

And the 35+ year olds tend to follow in their father's footsteps, who were glory hunters in the 60's.

Called a Man U fan Arrogant today. He didn't know how to reply.

You should have called him a fucking cunt.

Fucking cunt.

The "old" Manchester United was almost universally supported throughout England when they played European fixtures and were probably most people's second favourite team. No one appeared to be jealous of their great players and success back then.

Fergie has changed them to a club despised by most and who a majority wish to see beaten by any European opposition.

The unsporting behaviour he has instilled in every side he had from the Keane/Beckham days and witnessed right up to last Saturday when once again they flaunt the rules, attempt to mass intimidate officials at every opportunity and display no dignity or sportsmanship whatsoever has made this happen.

His knighthood makes a mockery of the honours system. Sure no one can deny what he has achieved for himself and Man U, but he has used gamesmanship and cheating at every opportunity despite having wonderful players at his disposal.

He has done nothing to help the game in general or set any kind of decent example to society in general.