Norwich vs Newcastle - 10/12/11 - Pre Match Thread

Decky

Krul

Simpson Coloccini Santon

Taylor Gosling Cabaye Jonas

Ben Arfa

Ba Shola

At first I was thinking: "here we go again..."

But actually. This isn't the most mad suggestion people have been putting in this thread. You would effectively have 5 at the back when defending and you'd have all 3 of our most attacking players on the pitch. So long as the wide men are disciplined and HBA drifts to either wing there's no reason why it couldn't be effective.

There's no way we'll see it at the weekend though. It's the sort of thing you'd have to commit to for a whole season, and even then you'd expect results to drop before seeing any benefits. I know someone (I think simpson on twitter?) said they'd been training with 5 at the back, but I'd be very surprised if there's a change from 4-4-2; players need consistency to perform.

Think we'll win too but there's more than 3 goals in it.  Said 2 - 4 earlier and if we start with a positive front six and try to control and attack we'll give their defence, which on a good day is about as solid as ours is bound to be, no end of problems.

Its going to be very interesting to see what Pards will do IF Colo does miss out.

Perch in for Taylor will be the only change at the back if Colo is fit and Gosling in for Guthrie, but will he go for two target men up top and drop HBA as its away from home and we have a weakened side.

He tends not to like them sitting back though, home or away he likes us to be on the front foot so I expect it to be.

------------------Krul

Simo-----Perch-------Colo/Kadar------RTay

Ober------Cab-----------Gos----------Jonas

--------------------------HBA

-------------Ba

I'd actually be more confident about this game if Colo plays but I'd rest him if he's 50-50 to make it. I'll trust the physios and Colo to make the right choice though.

In the meantime, it's going to be quite a nervous day tomorrow imo and that's really down to our injury issues in defence.