Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

4 subs plus a goal is at least 2 and a half minutes. Knockaert took an absolute age to get off the pitch too and sure Yedlin went down and play was stopped. Feels as though it would have been longer than 3 if we'd have been winning

NUFC defending a lead/defending a point = whatever added time seems fair +2 to 3 bonus minutes

NUFC desperately trying to score a winner/equaliser = whatever added time seems fair - 2 to 3 missing minutes

Come on, this is basic.

4 subs plus a goal is at least 2 and a half minutes. Knockaert took an absolute age to get off the pitch too and sure Yedlin went down and play was stopped

Never works like that though does it, there is no set time for specific incidents like that or there would have been about 8 minutes added on in the Leicester - Liverpool game yesterday. With 6 subs, 2 goals, a penalty and a couple of injuries requiring physio treatment.

I didn't expect any more than 3 minutes, thought it was fair.

I hate it when both other fans and myself have to get all conspiracy theorist, but the coverage of us this season has been a fucking joke. Seems that they [sky, other media] genuinely want us to fail and perpetuate the utter bullshit stereotypes about us. Gets to a point where it really starts fucking bothering me.

Was/jhas this stamp been brought up on MOTD2?

Stamp? What stamp? No stamp happened. Nope, nothing to see here.

He's on about the stamp by Shelvey against Spurs. Personally I think he should be banned again, gonna start a campaign.

I hate it when both other fans and myself have to get all conspiracy theorist, but the coverage of us this season has been a f***ing joke. Seems that they [sky, other media] genuinely want us to fail and perpetuate the utter bullshit stereotypes about us. Gets to a point where it really starts f***ing bothering me.

Have to admit I feel this way myself. Just seems to have been an utter load of shite spouted about us since day 1; from how good we are, to pretty much saying we're down after 2 games, to fans, to controversial incidents. An aspect I miss about the Championship.

I hate it when both other fans and myself have to get all conspiracy theorist, but the coverage of us this season has been a f***ing joke. Seems that they [sky, other media] genuinely want us to fail and perpetuate the utter bullshit stereotypes about us. Gets to a point where it really starts f***ing bothering me.

Have to admit I feel this way myself. Just seems to have been an utter load of shite spouted about us since day 1; from how good we are, to pretty much saying we're down after 2 games, to fans, to controversial incidents. An aspect I miss about the Championship.

People were complaining about the coverage in the championship as well. I think some people(not all and there obviously has been quite a lot of shite talked about us) are just looking for any perceived slight against us tbh. There was one in the match thread today that said something like it was the most biased commentary of all time and it was absolutely fine

Just went back on the iPlayer to see the coverage of the incident from MOTD2.  They showed one replay and Jonathan Pearce said "there's a little bit of a.. nastiness about there after the ball had gone".

That's literally it. All they said on the whole programme about it

Unless lots of people post it somewhere public like on Twitter to MOTD and the like nothing will happen or change. Bombard all those talking head ex-players and media arseholes like Richard Keys and ask them why they aren't demanding a ban like they do for our players.

I remember when Allardyce compiled a video compilation of all the shit decisions given against Bolton. It was just dismissed by the media as sour grapes. For some reason NUFC are on the shit list when it comes to the FA and the media.

Unless lots of people post it somewhere public like on Twitter to MOTD and the like nothing will happen or change. Bombard all those talking head ex-players and media arseholes like Richard Keys and ask them why they aren't demanding a ban like they do for our players.

I remember when Allardyce compiled a video compilation of all the shit decisions given against Bolton. It was just dismissed by the media as sour grapes. For some reason NUFC are on the shit list when it comes to the FA and the media.

Then they'll just come out with some shite like "it's playful" like they did when Sanches kicked Joselu in the balls when he was heading the football.  Just a playful kick in the balls :aww:  Just a playful stamp on Yedlin today. Got the ball clean as a whistle (referencing Dave Whelan & the Mcmanaman/Haidara incident)

i don't know who the announcers were on the tv broadcast of the match in the states, but one of them said at the replay of the stamp, something like, "i tell you wot, that's red card material that".  FA really ought to try & at least create the illusion of consistency!

The Football Association are reviewing the footage of Tomer Hemed’s alleged stamp on DeAndre Yedlin in Brighton’s win over Newcastle yesterday.

They also need to look at referee Andre Marriner’s report of the incident.

If Marriner did not see it and the FA feel there is a case to answer, three former referees will review it independently. If all three think it was worthy of a red card, a charge will be brought.

If the case is proved, Hemed would serve a three-match ban and would miss Premier League matches against Arsenal, Everton and West Ham.

After implying that Newcastle fans were feeling persecuted, BBC's chief smug Mancunian, Mark "Chappers" Chapman presided over yet another whitewash on Match of the Day 2.

The blatant and wholly captured stamp on DeAndre Yedlin by Brighton goalscorer Tomer Hemed was overlooked in the usual post-match pundit love-in, with ex-Mag Jermaine Jenas complicit in ignoring the obvious.

Even match commentator, Jonathan Pearce, spotted the assault but still the incident was not replayed, debated or condemned. And Hemed himself was quick to look at the referee to see if his stamp had been seen.

So what's the deal here? The world rightly rounded on Jonjo Shelvey after he trod on the odious Dele Alli but Hemed's GBH and Huddersfield's Steve Mounie's stamp on Isaac Hayden were arguably worse.

There is the grey area of whether the incidents were seen by the officials or not. Well, Andre Marriner clearly saw Shelvey so we must assume the same referee didn't see Hemed otherwise he would have sent him off.

Therefore there must be a charge forthcoming this week for the Seagulls striker or our paranoia and feelings of persecution are totally founded and the Beeb's bias is crystal clear.

PS - Sky highlighted the stamp in their Ref Watch feature with former man-in-the-middle, Dermot Gallagher, judging that it was intentional.

.com with a very good roundup.