Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

7 minutes ago, UncleBuzzcocks said:

Pep says it wasn’t a penalty because Fraser didn’t have the ball. I can’t wait to put a 2 foot tackle in on some random without the ball next week when I’m playing 5 a side 

doedn’t that actuallly make it more of a foul?

If a player has the ball then ofcourse you’re gonna put a challenge in because you want the ball. But if the player doesn’t have the ball then it just makes the act of aggression completely pointless. Not to mention Ederson was way off his line and “challenge” meant Fraser couldn’t pressure the defender to win the ball back.

Edited by Rafalove

4 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Is that true when we got away with Schar’s at Anfield in the first half, which was much more of a foul than TAA’s ever will be?

Cannot recall that one. Perhaps conveniently :lol:

:lol: It's such a poor excuse that Fraser didn't have the ball. If that's not a foul then goalies can start to tackle players that are pressing in the box without any worry. Take it further and you can do anything to block players without the ball anywhere on the pitch.

Said it in the other thread but managers should walk their players off in protest at this kind of shit. Nothing ever changes, there's no accountability for these shit, cunt referees making wildly inconsistent decisions both on pitch and as VAR. It's killing my enjoyment every single game, even when I'm a neutral enjoying an otherwise class game like this Spurs/L'pool one has been.

38 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I don’t get that as an excuse, Pawson apparently said it wasn’t a foul and gave his justification.

Gallagher is now saying it was a foul but didn’t meet this imaginary ‘high bar’.

Sounds like a load of shit.

Was an extremely "low bar" for penalties last week however. Surely they can't just chop and change from one week to the next depending on which teams the decisions affect.

Hold on, so if theres a corner and someone is wiped out off the ball, is that not a penalty now because they're not in control of the ball at the time?

They're not accountable to anyone thats the problem, they can literally do what the fuck they like.

Edited by Numbers

The way they try and gaslight everyone with their whole 'we've always been at war with Eurasia' bollocks is what I can't stand from the officials and Peter Walton.

They stand there smugly and tell current and ex-pros, in front of an audience of millions that watch football every week, to not believe their own eyes, that the polar opposite inconsistencies they all see from one week to the next aren't happening because of whatever contradictory reason they make up on the spot, and that "hnnn well ahktually" the rules have been applied correctly.

Oh yeah, and then we're all expected to respect them for doing such a hard job. It is, so say that and be honest about mistakes being made. It's the blatant lying, covering of each others arses, and disrespect for our intelligence that's why there's a huge lack of respect for them.

Fucking look at Fraser's non penalty today, the apparently "high bar for giving penalties" and then think about Maddison's penalty last week. They're absolutely shameless.

7 minutes ago, Numbers said:

Hold on, so if theres a corner and someone is wiped out off the ball, is that not a penalty now because they're not in control of the ball at the time?

They're not accountable to anyone thats the problem, they can literally do what the fuck they like.

The reasoning they gave made no sense

Ronaldo got a penalty against Norwich and he was nowhere near the ball

Just seeing today's incident for the first time. Absolutely staggering call. My assumption is incompetence and/or uncertainty about how to apply the rules in a world where VAR exists (so, incompetence, again)... but fuck you can hardly blame people for claiming corruption when it's that crazy. 

It's the lack of accountability that, in particular, makes you think about corruption. I've never wanted stuff like refs mouthpieces mic'd up like they do in rugby, but fucking hell. I'd be in favour of it at this point purely for the peace of mind if nowt else. Rank incompetence is tough to stomach but it's unmeasurably preferable to flagrant corruption. 

48 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Just seeing today's incident for the first time. Absolutely staggering call. My assumption is incompetence and/or uncertainty about how to apply the rules in a world where VAR exists (so, incompetence, again)... but fuck you can hardly blame people for claiming corruption when it's that crazy. 

It's the lack of accountability that, in particular, makes you think about corruption. I've never wanted stuff like refs mouthpieces mic'd up like they do in rugby, but fucking hell. I'd be in favour of it at this point purely for the peace of mind if nowt else. Rank incompetence is tough to stomach but it's unmeasurably preferable to flagrant corruption. 

Especially when they now give half-arsed explanations to the commentators.

2 hours ago, Pata said:

:lol: It's such a poor excuse that Fraser didn't have the ball. If that's not a foul then goalies can start to tackle players that are pressing in the box without any worry. Take it further and you can do anything to block players without the ball anywhere on the pitch.

Kick the ball into the corner so nobody has the ball. Then get all 11 players to slide into the opposition without being too dangerous. Sit back and await another interpretation that suits the establishment.

Second time Atkinson and Var (when used with Atkinson) have fucked us totally. For a supposed league better than any other, we have the worst standard of referees there is. How there hasn’t been a review of this standard if nonsensical. That non decision today was embarrassing.

21 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Second time Atkinson and Var (when used with Atkinson) have fucked us totally. For a supposed league better than any other, we have the worst standard of referees there is. How there hasn’t been a review of this standard if nonsensical. That non decision today was embarrassing.

Not sure AC Milan would agree with you after the goal they've just had disallowed.

I think the PL and TV companies are playing a large part in this - Top 6 sides seem to get the benefit of the doubt and or course you could argue that there is a motive for us being relegated from the PL, since the takeover. Mind, we are doing a good enjoy job of being shite and shooting ourselves in the foot!

Where there is lots of money at stake, there is ALWAYS corruption.

18 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Not sure AC Milan would agree with you after the goal they've just had disallowed.

You’re going to have bad decisions I can accept that, however with our bunch of overpaid wannabe celebrities, you have numerous decisions being discussed every single week. 

The angle that the ref has is the clearest one, he is looking at it and fraser nearly lands on his head.  I don't agree with this conspiracy that refs have been briefed against Newcastle, they would have to leave Michael Oliver out of that and hope that none of the other refs leaked it, its pretty ridiculous  

I think its just rank incompetence with perhaps personal bias against the Saudis and for the top 6

Can only assume VAR today came direct from rural Derbyshire and got used to officiating those Shrove Tuesday matches with a pigs bladder where one half of the village try to get it through 2 trees at the bottom of the bank or whatever.

They're a fucking disgrace. Literally making it up as they go along without any regulation or accountability at all. 

20 minutes ago, Jordan said:

So it wasn’t given because Cancelo had the ball? So on that basis you can wipe anyone from the opposition team out providing your team has the ball?

If they were consistent in their refereeing, yes 😊