Norwich City 4 - 2 Newcastle United - 10/12/11 - post-match reaction page 44

midds

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

The negativity on here man :lol: one bad game in 15 with S.Taylor, Colo, Guthrie and Tiote out get a grip! Take some positives out the game: 2 sublime goals from Ba, no more injuries and we're still gunna be in the top 7 for a minimum of two games which gives us time to get Tiote and Colo back.

Everyone should read this. At least twice.

:thup:

The negativity on here man :lol: one bad game in 15 with S.Taylor, Colo, Guthrie and Tiote out get a grip! Take some positives out the game: 2 sublime goals from Ba, no more injuries and we're still gunna be in the top 7 for a minimum of two games which gives us time to get Tiote and Colo back.

exactly, i thought we played very well and had a good go at them.

People are more annoyed that we are throwing points away with stupid decisions. Of course we are all happy with how the season is going but losing 4-2 to Norwich was avoidable.

Exactly, not many, but he still must of looked better in training than Kadar, who never even had a squad number 'til last week or something.

I couldn't give a shit how they look in training, it's what they do in a game that counts.

:thup:

The steel in our side (bar Cabaye) has pretty much been systematically stripped out. Not sure what people were expecting. It was perhaps the most predictable match of the season.

We showed superior footballing skill and finesse, but lacked any strength to compete. Take the top three centre backs out of any club in the Premiership, then send them to deal with Holt and co - good luck keeping that clean sheet.

Bit early to say there are no more injuries; we didn't know about Guthrie after the Chelsea game, and didn't someone mention Santon was feeling his hamstring at the end? Not to mention Gosling being banned for three games.

Missing 3 of our CB¨s we were always going to struggle massive on set pieces, especially when up against a forward like Holt. We conceded from 2 corners, 1 set piece and one cross into the box. We´d probably won the game today with a Campbell back even.

That we miss 3 of our 4 best CM´s didn´t help us either mind. Gosling had a shocker, and created the one goal that did not come from set pieces.

Pardew didn´t help either. No excuse for not putting on Ben Arfa. Especially on 3-2. Im really getting annoyed by Pardew and his reluctance to use Ben Arfa.

Cabaye and Ba is the sex.

I'd swap both Ameobi and Best for Grant Hoult. Really impresses me that lad. Obertan wouldnt get a job in McDonalds if he had no pace about him.

The irony being Obertan is fairly intelligent and has the French equivalent of A-Levels.

A thoroughly depressing if not predictable scoreline. With just two of the 4 players missing we win this game and do it fairly comfortably in my opinion. Norwich are no great shakes and really should have hit more than four against a back four that consisted of a rake and a midget at centre back.

On the whole though, it's hard to get to upset because we've been fantastic this season and Ba give their backline a torrid time. Hopefully we can bandage Coloccini up and get Williamson on a segway for next week.

Obertan could be a fully qualified doctor. Education means nothing in football. One top player (think it was Lineker) once said Gazza was THE best player he'd ever seen. Oba's decision making wouldn't get past nursery.

Meh i was expecting it, but the way the goals were conceded time and time again man :facepalm:

Why on the 3rd was Perch against Holt? Surely Ba or Shola should have had him.

The 4th was a f***ing stupid FK to give away.

Our decision making again has cost us.

Sammy needs to start actually doing something to be rewarded with the game time he gets too. It's starting to take the p*** when Ben Arfa is on the bench.

Guest WashyGeordie

Exactly, not many, but he still must of looked better in training than Kadar, who never even had a squad number 'til last week or something.

I couldn't give a s*** how they look in training, it's what they do in a game that counts.

Well Kadar didn't play so how does that work?

Missing 3 of our CB¨s we were always going to struggle massive on set pieces, especially when up against a forward like Holt. We conceded from 2 corners, 1 set piece and one cross into the box. We´d probably won the game today with a Campbell back even.

That we miss 3 of our 4 best CM´s didn´t help us either mind. Gosling had a shocker, and created the one goal that did not come from set pieces.

Pardew didn´t help either. No excuse for not putting on Ben Arfa. Especially on 3-2. Im really getting annoyed by Pardew and his reluctance to use Ben Arfa.

Cabaye and Ba is the sex.

This

WHY are Shola and Obertan still on the pitch?? f***ing mind-boggling, it truly is mind-boggling. Sort it out Pardew ffs.

He's played well today :idiot2:

Before the pass for the goal (when I posted) he'd done f*** all. Shut up you wum.

Judging by your childish riposte you're an idiot; you've got no idea how to read the game and resort back to tired, populist cliches that are constantly spouted by the ignorant sections of our supporters and those who don't even watch the matches.

Shola has been crucial in keeping the ball up top, along with Ba, something that had been working reasonably well - especially when Gosling got sent off as we resorted to more direct passing. All throughout the match, Shola has been pressurising the Norwich players and ultimately, this led to the chance for the 2nd goal. He's been creating chances for his team-mates and overall has had a decent game.

You'd rather slag him off because he's an easy scapegoat and/or you're incapable of reading the game.

Your criticism of Obertan is fair, he was pretty dismal, didn't offer anything with his 'lightening pace'.

He was lazy and ineffective before his assist. After that he livened up. I'm amazed people are still prepared to defend him though, he's truly a useless player.

Also, even when he did liven up I'd have much rather had Best on because he can link up well with Ba the entire game. If Ameobi was on for set-piece defending then it's easy to see it didn't work.

Ameobi was shocking defending set-pieces. Stood still on their third goal when his man had couple of tries.

He won his fair share, more than anyone else I noticed.

I know and that's to be expected. Still don't accept the total blackout on one of their goals. It was the Holt's rebound goal, can't even tell which one it was as all their goals were the same.

Have we shipped 4 in each of Santon's last 3 starts? 

Blackburn (a) Carling Cup

Everton (reserve)

Norwich (a)

Is there a point to this post?

Just found it strange.  Especially as he seems to be quite decent.  Unlucky.

Don't think it was as bad as you're all making out, defended poorly in the 2nd half but thought we were ok in the 1st. Looked real good going forward.

Krul 6 - Did what he could. Got shafted on the decision to give a corner that led to the 1st goal.

R. Taylor 5 - Decent enough.

Simpson 5 - The better of the two centre backs.

Perch 4.5 - Couldn't handle Holt after half decent first half.

Santon 5.5 - Impressed in the 1st half, attacking tendencies left him a bit out of position in the 2nd.

Obertan 4 - One good run and that was about it.

Gosling 4.5 - Played well up until that shocking 10 minutes which destroyed his, and our day.

Cabaye 8 - Needs Tiote back to partner him, but was superb today. That ball for Ba's 1st was out of this world.

Jonas 5.5 - Bit of a nothing display from Jonas today.

Shola 7 - Very good shift, great work to set up Ba for the 2nd.

Ba 9 - Top class finisher, hope to god Senegal get knocked out of the ACN early.

Sammy 5 - Better than Obertan

Smith n/a

Ferguson n/a

Colo and Tiote back in and we will be fine. Williamson returning will be an added bonus too. Santon for Raylor and Ben Arfa for Obertan please Pardew.

Have we shipped 4 in each of Santon's last 3 starts? 

Blackburn (a) Carling Cup

Everton (reserve)

Norwich (a)

Is there a point to this post?

Just found it strange.  Especially as he seems to be quite decent.  Unlucky.

Ah fair enough. Hope it doesn't knock his confidence. Looks very promising.

Pardew had no intention of getting anything from that, those subs were a disgrace. Fucking ridiculous that Ben Arfa sat there whilst Sammy, Ferguson and Alan pissing Smith came on. We played OK actually but I can't remember a worse defence at set pieces ever. Santon was good, Cabaye impressive but its a day of frustration. Obertan is a joke of a footballer too.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

There's no way Sammy should be getting game time ahead of Ben Arfa btw. He's so raw it's unbelievable and I've yet to see any genuine ability.

I'm not that impressed either. Much rather see Ferguson and Jonas swapped to the right.

There's no way Sammy should be getting game time ahead of Ben Arfa btw. He's so raw it's unbelievable and I've yet to see any genuine ability.

I'm not that impressed either. Much rather see Ferguson and Jonas swapped to the right.

So you'd rather see a raw youngster instead of a err....raw youngster :lol: