Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Just asked Steve Wraith about his tweet last year of Ben Arfa being finished after his return to training, he said it was Joey Barton who said it.

:lol:

Passing the buck. You should retweet that to Barton

Barton probably said it out of sheer jealousy.  The (small) child.

How much more justice does proper commentary and a slow mo do it!

Lovely :snod:

As usual the Internet does it better!

type on you tube: But d'Hatem Ben Arfa contre Trélissac

O0

Forgot he scored in that match. A mate I played with at youth level played for Trelissac that day. That's just one degree of separation!

Did he pick up the ball much out wide yesterday or was he given better positions due to shola coming on meaning their defence had another body to deal with  as opposed to 1 forward and Ben arfa ?

Ameobi coming on coincided with Ben Arfa's move out wide, where he got much more space, and also tracked back to help Simpson and became more involved from deep.

What on earth does Henry have to do with it?

Henry played on the wing before becoming a striker. Ben Arfa can play on our wing. After some time he may then 'graduate' to his supposed preferred position upfront.

Is that a good enough explanation for you?

Not really, two completely different situations. Not to mention two completely different players; one who was absolutely made to play CF in this country.

Hatem doesn't like playing on the wing because that role comes with defensive responsibilities. We're just going to have to accept those limitations, embrace the fact that his attacking talents will shine more out there, and slowly he'll adapt, hopefully.

What on earth does Henry have to do with it?

Henry played on the wing before becoming a striker. Ben Arfa can play on our wing. After some time he may then 'graduate' to his supposed preferred position upfront.

Is that a good enough explanation for you?

Not really, two completely different situations. Not to mention two completely different players; one who was absolutely made to play CF in this country.

Hatem doesn't like playing on the wing because that role comes with defensive responsibilities. We're just going to have to accept those limitations, embrace the fact that his attacking talents will shine more out there, and slowly he'll adapt, hopefully.

It was worth it for Robert, who disliked running nevermind defending. It's worth it for Ben Arfa too imo.

That goal is fucking incredible.

Guest mimifrench

Indeed, it was a very spectacular goal!

Hatem loves having fun with defenders.  :smug: But have to recognize that the weakness of Blackburn's defenders helped him a lot...

Will you change your system (of playing) now? Or will it remain like this?

I agree about his talent, hopefully he can do it more on a regular basis. When on top, not many better wingers out there.

He is talented as fuck too, and has all the tools to make it. I for one am totally down for United spending 12 million Euros on a player like that. In terms of talent, he is up there with the top wingers in the world, sure his application has been shit, but when United sign players that are extremely talented barring obvious exceptions they tent to get better,

Comments on the last page:

I'd even have Obertan ahead of this lad. We need a LW and I don't think Ben Arfa is the answer... He could possibly be good, but who knows ?

Really I would take him Obertan every time, I don't think he necessarily the answer but he has loads of talent, at this point it looks like he will waste it

:lol:

The second point appears to be a rebuttal, not an agreement.

Guest Heneage

Let's be honest, the last few games (Bolton, Blackburn) we've not learned anything new.

We all knew Ben Arfa was a masterful technician, and we've got the youtube bookmarks to prove it. His attitude has always been the issue and thus far he seems to have that nailed down. I don't think his supposed fight with Pardew was anything other than an ambitious player wanting to play, give me that over timid lads who are content to sit on the bench any day.

A fantastic player that truly excites me when I watch him, long may his spell on the wing continue.

Pardew's quotes today suggest more than ever that it was actually Hatem who didnt really want to play on the wing but i think he will accept playing there now after having so much fun yesterday.

Pardew's quotes today suggest more than ever that it was actually Hatem who didnt really want to play on the wing but i think he will accept playing there now after having so much fun yesterday.

Possibly. If Pardew has changed his mind though, suggesting it was Ben Arfa's reluctance to play wide which has given us Obertan for so long could well be his way of not having to admit he was wrong.