Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

For every good thing he does two bad things.

I am absolutely sick of his 'on ball in centre, stand, trap ball, i'm about to do something, trap the ball, there are players all around me to pass to, lets stand around, shall i run into that space that is still there? no, trap the ball again. OK, nothing has happenned for 15 seconds, better turn pass the ball one yard backwards to Danny Guthrie' routine.

Then Guthrie plays the pass he should have played 12 seconds before.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c75/Kaizero/56fd3610.gif

I've said this before, but the amount of times he's showing for the ball and doesn't receive it boils my piss because I know how good he can be at making defenders look like mugs. It's one of his strong points (he has a fair few tbf).

Even one of our own defenders said (in training) you have to stay back from him because if you get too close he'll just embarass you.

At times, he looked very dangerous. Other times, he made the wrong decision and looked disinterested. Overall, yes he should be starting obviously but, playing devil's advocate, Pardew may see these times he gives the ball away or drifts out of the game and not be keen on him. Doesn't of course justify starting the woeful Obertan.

Disinterested? I didn't see that at all.

I saw him tracking back 50 yards to right back when they broke though. This lack of work rate thing's a fucking myth, he's not very good at defending but he works bloody hard. Loss of possession with him is down to bad decisions, not lack of work rate, and every single one of our players loses it through bad decisions. He more than balances it out with creativity though.

He was good today but the lack of creativity in the rest of the team makes him stand out a fucking mile.

I am absolutely sick of his 'on ball in centre, stand, trap ball, i'm about to do something, trap the ball, there are players all around me to pass to, lets stand around, shall i run into that space that is still there? no, trap the ball again. OK, nothing has happenned for 15 seconds, better turn pass the ball one yard backwards to Danny Guthrie' routine.

You are wrong.

You are a simpleton.

No need for that, as much as I disagree with it.

Pardew really bigging him up on the BBC interview

'He changed the game, and work ethic was there'

That's really encouraging to hear.

Aye, definitely. Sounding like the lad's doing what Pardew's wanting him to do ("work harder" and all that) so can only hope this is the beginning of a regular place for Ben Arfa.

What I noticed today and I think maybe be part of the problem is, he almost sometimes seems a bit scared when taking someone on thats running at him, like he thinks about the injury and by the time hes worked out what to do hes lost the ball.  All round good game, much better on the right, but would like him to not always cut in.