Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Guest Affy

That penalty was beautiful and he was awesome all game...knew Benny lad would be the one who saves us  :smitten:

Guest Spiria

Got to play him in the Beardsley role next season.

Him and Ibrahimovic will complement each other well.

Not Paris.

I don't think he will return in France.

If, and it's a big if, he's still here next season he needs to be allowed to just play. Call it the Beardsley role or whatever, just give him the f***ing ball.

Are these changes related to the need to accommodate exceptional talents like a Cantona, a Giggs, a Ronaldo or a Rooney?

No. Although I’ve always strongly believed in possession, because of my development as a coach, and because I’ve come to a club which can embrace players of that type—which has always had them: Think of Bobby Charlton, think of George Best—then you learn that you’ve got to let people express themselves. That is development [for a coach]. That was the same at Aberdeen, where I had very, very talented players like Peter Weir and Gordon Strachan. A player like Giggs is a godsend for a manager. He got into the first team when he was 16 years of age, and [for 22 years] he’s played for that same team! It takes a lot to do that; it takes an exceptional player to do that. And yes, from time to time, his form has fluctuated, but, when you put it in perspective ... it’s sensational. We’ve always had to encourage that part of expression. There’s no way Eric Cantona would have been a great player if we hadn’t allowed him to express himself, to be Eric Cantona. I think we were a perfect club for him, a club where he was able to stick his chest out and say, “I’m the man here, I’m the king here.” Because he had this aura, this presence, this belief in himself ...

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/2013/05/alex_ferguson_interview_the_manchester_united_manager_discusses_his_early.2.html

From the legend himself. Similar type of flair player.

His penalty - along with Shola's - was the best I've ever seen for NUFC. To have the audacity to 'postage stamp' it, with all that pressure, is unreal.

And he was great today, our only attacking outlet.