Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

not just his defensive play but his off the ball play when we have it, basically when he doesn't have the ball he is out of the game.

Aye. He actually takes up a seat in the Leazes or Gallowgate end depending on which way we're facing.

doesn't matter which way we are facing, it's which way he wants to face, on a whim.

Don't like watching him in the middle. He isn't that strong, he tries to hold on to the ball for far too long, and he often doesn't show enough awareness of the other players around him. He gives up possession far too easily when he plays there.

The problem Pardew has is when he is out wide his defensive play can be so awful that it effects the team - Debuchy looks twice the player without Ben Arfa in front of him. Personally, I'd like to see him in the side anyway against teams like Palace, but you cant argue with the results Pardew has been getting without him.

He'll be 27 in a few months and Pardew has got more out of him than his other managers. But with 18 months on his contract and with him not in the side you have to wonder how much longer he'll be here.

I just can't see that Debuchy's form is that related to HBA being on the bench. HBA has put in a decent shifts many times on the right. We have gotten results now but in the long run we can't afford to keep a player like Benny on the bench and Pardew must find a way to get him on the pitch.

Choice between Shola or Hatem :lol: its fucking mental that there is even a choice to be made.

Benny every time for me, yes Shola is a big lad and gets stuck in, if we play Hatem as a striker he offers non of that but does offer so so so much more.