Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Ben Arfa should hang around as Pardew will be found wanting and be peddled some time next season.

Who would you replace him with?

This might surprise you, I'll not be replacing anybody.

Oh ok then, thanks for clearing that one up.

Guest firetotheworks

Anyone who has read one of the recent editions of True Faith will have probably read the bit where their writer interviews Pardew and he's absolutely adamant that HBA is not a winger and is only a number 10. If that's truly the case then it looks like he's up against Ba, Cisse and possibly Cabaye.

Pardew is getting away with it purely because of where we are in the league, but any owner of eyes can see that that's is in no way down to Ryan Taylor and particularly Obertan playing on the right wing.

Anyone who has read one of the recent editions of True Faith will have probably read the bit where their writer interviews Pardew and he's absolutely adamant that HBA is not a winger and is only a number 10. If that's truly the case then it looks like he's up against Ba, Cisse and possibly Cabaye.

Pardew is getting away with it purely because of where we are in the league, but any owner of eyes can see that that's is in no way down to Ryan Taylor and particularly Obertan playing on the right wing.

I haven't read True Faith in fucking ages when my subscription ran out. Used to be class :)

He's our most creative and flair player we have, there obviously is no room for him as a number 10 because Pardew won't play anything but 4-4-2 with Cabaye and Tiote in the centre. Ergo he's too talented to waste, better as a winger than not on the pitch at all and better than the dross that occupies the RW atm. Unreal how his thought process works!

I really thougt he'd establish himself during Ba's absence :(

Wasn't really given the opportunity to though.

With a number of Pardew's butt-boys on the bench as well there is absolutley fuck all chance he'll get onto the field today either.  May as well have sold him to a Russian side or loan him into the Championship after the window shut for all the good he's doing his career here to be brutally honest.

He's our most creative and flair player we have, there obviously is no room for him as a number 10 because Pardew won't play anything but 4-4-2 with Cabaye and Tiote in the centre. Ergo he's too talented to waste, better as a winger than not on the pitch at all and better than the dross that occupies the RW atm. Unreal how his thought process works!

pardew does not only play 4-4-2, we have played 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 depends on how you look at it, and Pards opted to deploy HBA as wide right, and he wasn't very impressive.

then again he played Best at wide left at the same time,  what a genius Pardew, plonker.

I just want us to win and if Pardew thinks we stand a better chance of that without HBA starting or that his inclusion might be detrimental to the gameplan he wants to go with, so be it.  His record backs him up on this. 

HBA Starts: 1W1D3L

HBA Subs: 5W1D2L

HBA Doesn't play: 4W1D2L

(league results only)

Not that this will do a damn thing to stop a Category IV Cryphoon from slamming into N-O every time he doesn't start but just think about it. 

pardew does not only play 4-4-2, we have played 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 depends on how you look at it, and Pards opted to deploy HBA as wide right, and he wasn't very impressive.

then again he played Best at wide left at the same time,  what a genius Pardew, plonker.

And as soon as something goes wrong his arse goes and we're straight back to 4-4-2.

I just want us to win and if Pardew thinks we stand a better chance of that without HBA starting or that his inclusion might be detrimental to the gameplan he wants to go with, so be it.  His record backs him up on this. 

Not that this will do a damn thing to stop a Category IV Cryphoon from slamming into N-O every time he doesn't start but just think about it. 

I'm with you on this one, the less players we can have on the pitch who can score and assist the better!!!

i'd have him on the left or the right, think he's more dangerous than either jonas, obertan or raylor. the first two especially get indulged by pardew who sticks with them when they're playing shite - it's a pity the same faith and backing hasn't been extended to a far more talented player.

i honestly think if ben arfa spent 90 mins acting as a more advanced full-back running around tackling people and didn't attempt a single attacking move he'd be in the team every week.

it's a real pity he's not in the team today as wolves are weak as hell so i think whoever plays has a massive chance to put in a great performance - no matter which of the 4 wide players it is.

(league results only)

:lol:

I must admit this messianic culture building up around him is getting bloody annoying. I'm in the minority but Pardew has earned the right to field who ever he want's (unless it's Shola :lol:)  We'll do them comfortably and Barfa will get 25 minutes to show what he can do.

(league results only)

a) That doesn't tell the whole story - what teams were the stats against?

b) Clearly the best run has been when he's come on as a sub

c) He plays in fits and starts, doesn't get a series of games to settle in

I'm not a bandwagon jumper that comes on just cuz he hasn't started, I just think he's too talented a player not to be given a chance.

i'd have him on the left or the right, think he's more dangerous than either jonas, obertan or raylor. the first two especially get indulged by pardew who sticks with them when they're playing shite - it's a pity the same faith and backing hasn't been extended to a far more talented player.

i honestly think if ben arfa spent 90 mins acting as a more advanced full-back running around tackling people and didn't attempt a single attacking move he'd be in the team every week.

it's a real pity he's not in the team today as wolves are weak as hell so i think whoever plays has a massive chance to put in a great performance - no matter which of the 4 wide players it is.

No doubt Pardew will congratulate himself for picking Ryan Taylor when we win today.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

(league results only)

He's never had a run of games or chance to redeem himself from poor performances (unlike Obertan and Raylor who have had many). Those stats mean nowt, as Matt has said. I just think he's a good player and a symbol of a new footballing philosophy for us :dontknow:

(league results only)

Ben Arfa happened to start away to Manchester United, Manchester City, and home against Chelsea (before they collapsed). He also played in the Fulham match where out defence evaporated.