Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Bramble had everything apart from a brain.

And that makes a central defender worse than useless. Mental that so many managers kept trying to get something from him that wasn't there.

He wasn't worse than useless, though. He had far more good games than bad.

His major problem was a bad dose of the brain farts in game. He could be playing very well at times and then BOOM  :lol: he'd go and do something inexplicably stupid.

You just couldn't rely on him to see out 90 mins, hassle free

;D This. Bramble played his part in those high finishes. Had some excellent bouts of form. Quick, strong, good in the air. Basically, the lad had great ability. But my word he was a car crash waiting to happen.

One of Bobby's greatest gifts was his faith and patience with younger players - especially the British ones, something I see in Wenger too (minus the British thing). He would go out and spend good money on them at young ages and it's not like Bobby only signed British players like MON. Throw em in the first team. Overall I think Bramble was a good player for us but Bobby showed too much faith in the lad.

He looked f***ing awesome till the Reading game right before Pompey, actually. Pompey was just a f***ing bloodbath. Remember he Scored against Spurs in a 3-1 win at SJP and was the best player on the pitch. Classy defender, good in the air and a good reader of the game but a perfect example of what happens in this league if you're too physically inferior.

Desperately gutted to have missed what sounded like an awesome performance. He's a phenomenal player; it's times like these I can't get over why a few people think he's overrated. It's a minority for sure, but they're out there - my Dad for one. But even he today said he 'was the difference' (which is about as high a praise he gives to anyone :lol:).

Luna was pictured leaving the ground today

http://i43.tinypic.com/14v1fm0.jpg

Anyone have any idea what blacked out boots he is wearing?

This site has him in Nike Vapors

We love Newcastle forward Hatem Ben Arfa here at TRW. Hatem’s boot choices are as unpredictable as his performances. The French star has worn Adidas AdiZero and even PanPantofola d’Oro boots but seems to be most fond of Nike’s Vapor range – especially once he has blacked them out. Due to the leather like look and Nike Hybrid soleplate, it seems Hatem has settled on a pair of Mercurial Vapor IX boots. Perhaps the Black/White colourway – as that would’ve saved him a lot of work blacking them out.

http://therightwinger.co.za/tag/boot-spotting/

Guest Geordiesned

Today he showed, for me, why Pardew was wrong to criticise him a couple of weeks back. Yes he may lose the ball occasionally when he goes on a solo run but look at what he can do when he gets it right.

Today he showed, for me, why Pardew was wrong to criticise him a couple of weeks back. Yes he may lose the ball occasionally when he goes on a solo run but look at what he can do when he gets it right.

He was just motivating him and it seems to have worked, so not sure if he was wrong to

We don't have any player I'd rather see on the ball than Ben Arfa.

Guest Haris Vuckic

We don't have any player I'd rather see on the ball than Ben Arfa.

What about Kenny Wharton?

His performance today was better than the other week when he was criticised, and Pardew praised him massively today. Don't see what's wrong with that imho.