Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Watched some 11/12 footage before and seeing how well he was playing then is pretty damn sad. He was in great physical and mental shape with a lovely balance to his game. Worked his bollocks off and used to move the ball more intelligently too, I'm not sure if it's because the team played at a higher tempo then but he kept the momentum of attacks going by playing a lot of quick 1-2s, something we've rarely seen since the start of 12/13.

Guest diddimz

Frustrating as both Shola and Gosling definitely won't be here next year yet they still make the bench.

:llorente?: :pardsgrin:

I think it would literally kill me if he was here in a playing capacity next season.

You know that Colo is going to leave and the Captaincy will then fall to Shola, its how this club works.

If he'd finished that sitter at Norwich, he'd still be in the team. His stats haven't been boosted by a goal, so Pardew finds easy to blame him and drop him. What a mess.

You forget all those times he hit the post. If any one of them had gone in, Pardew would've somehow been happy. Amazing that HBA has to score to get into the team, while he keeps playing strikers who go without scoring for years :lol:

What a waste of talent, one of the worst things to come out of the Pardew era, sure he does himself no favours sometimes and is not completely blameless, but his mismanagement is there for all to see.

A good manager would have him on a strict training regime and be working hard on his confidence levels (see also Cisse) not chucking him on the pitch on 80 mins and saying "Give me some magic" then berating him for not winning you the game when you're already 2-0 down and dropping him.

What a waste of talent, one of the worst things to come out of the Pardew era, sure he does himself no favours sometimes and is not completely blameless, but his mismanagement is there for all to see.

A good manager would have him on a strict training regime and be working hard on his confidence levels (see also Cisse) not chucking him on the pitch on 80 mins and saying "Give me some magic" then berating him for not winning you the game when you're already 2-0 down and dropping him.

:thup:

Any manager, in any walk of life, worth his salt will nurture the best qualities out of the staff at his disposal, not rely on the self driven ones to make him look good and blame the others for any/all failings.

As a manager I wouldn't expect to last two minutes in my job with that attitude and I wouldn't expect my staff to want to work for me. This is no different.

Feel so sorry for this lad. Actually looking forward to seeing him play for someone else next season just so I can watch him play again.

Get a grip.

Soz. He's a brilliant footballer and one of my favourites i've ever had the chance to watch. Ruined by the dipshit we have as a manager because he doesn't have a tackle in him.

Nowt to do with his inconsistency in the final third then?

I do think Hatem's probably our best player and I like watching him too but people go on like he's this goal/chance machine whose only failing is a refusal to track back.

He's inconsistent yes but it's also the type of player he is. He's never going to show up every week but you persist with him because he can change the game in a blink of an eye. He has to be MOTM every game to stay in the side under Pardew which isn't fair considering dross like Santon, Sissoko and Shola have an unlimited amount of chances under him.

Feel so sorry for this lad. Actually looking forward to seeing him play for someone else next season just so I can watch him play again.

FFS He ain't playing because his performances when he has haven't warranted it and others have knuckled down and done well.

He's a flat track bully whose best game this season was against 9 man Stoke.