NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

I very much doubt we will sign many players in the Summer

We don't need many. IF we keep our best players we only need a couple of real quality players, maybe a couple of youngsters for depth.

Guest Rob 1988

Transfer news: Valenciennes in talks with trio over Nicolas Isimat-Mirin

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/8457672/Transfer-news-Valenciennes-in-talks-with-trio-over-Nicolas-Isimat-Mirin

Valenciennes president Jean-Raymond Legrand claims that he is talking with three Premier League clubs about a deal for Nicolas Isimat-Mirin.

Reports from across the Channel claim that Legrand was at Fulham on Wednesday night for their game with West Ham United - ahead of talks over his star asset.

Legrand has now claimed that he has held talks with Fulham, West Ham and Newcastle over the central defender - but as part of the deal they want him to remain with the club until next summer.

"We are now discussing with West Ham, Fulham and Newcastle," he told RMC.

"We have set a requirement to keep the player until June. But should he leave, in this case, we will consider recruiting a player."

Reports have also claimed that Isimat-Mirin's team-mate Gaeton Bong could also be a Deadline Day target for a number of Premier League clubs.

Not been impressed with the little I've seen of Isimat-Mirin. Doesn't look ready for the Premiership yet.

What are his strengths and weaknesses?

He's strong and quick but his positioning is a bit suspect and he's still raw and a bit naive. Last game I saw they lost 5-0 to Nice and their whole defence was all over the shop.

This Summer Id like to see the following::

OUT:

Tiote

Coloccini

Ranger

Williamson

IN:

Capoue

Douglas

Aubemayang

Siem de Jong

I'd like to see Cabaye and Ben Arfa out the door too, otherwise I agree.

And Massadio Haïdara has shown me nothing so far. I'd like to see him shifted as well.

Lad's lost a step since signing. Time to flip him.

If we get more than £10m for Tiote we should sell

An on form Tiote makes us a much much better team and personally i am really looking forward to seeing Tiote, Cabaye and Sissoko as a midfield,  certainly wouldn't want to sell him.  Yes he hasn't had the best of seasons so far but he is a quality player.

An on form Tiote makes us a much much better team and personally i am really looking forward to seeing Tiote, Cabaye and Sissoko as a midfield,  certainly wouldn't want to sell him.  Yes he hasn't had the best of seasons so far but he is a quality player.

Completely agree.

in the same way ba and cisse didn't fit together up front, sometimes the player needs to fit the role. this could be the chance for tiote to go back to what he does best behind cabaye, sissoko, ben arfa and one from anita, marveaux, gouffran.

in the same way ba and cisse didn't fit together up front, sometimes the player needs to fit the role. this could be the chance for tiote to go back to what he does best behind cabaye, sissoko, ben arfa and one from anita, marveaux, gouffran.

yes agree, just get him back to winning it and giving it simple to the likes of Cabaye.  I think part of his problem this season, apart from the lack of match fitness due to injury and suspension when he has played i think he has been trying too hard and with Cabaye missing he has ended up trying to be the playmaker instead of the destroyer.