Ray Wilkins, my word what a c***

Turnbull2000

Usually whenever I've heard Wilkins commentate, he's been amusingly shit, partly because he always seems to love everything that happens - he's too happy, but it was almost as if he had a hidden agenda with us. As others have said his comments on Cabaye were ridiculous, it was obvious he was genuinely hurt yet he he kept going on about it. Pathetic. And Cabaye was hardly rolling around in agony/play-acting either, he knew his game was over but he was still fuming over the tackle.

Wouldn't shut up about Ben Arfa either, and despite us having pretty much all the possession for long periods and restricting them to long shots he was insistent that QPR were the better team. I personally thought QPR's attitude when we were passing the ball around was disgraceful, they didn't look like they wanted to get anything out of the game and didn't put any effort in to close us down. Hughes has a bit of a job on to keep them up based on that performance.

Haha, just read all this. I thought it was just me yesterday! Had a bit of a rant about it at work today and just got blank looks. I always think commentators and "experts" are biased against us anyway, so just assumed it was me being oversensitive yet again.

The Cabaye thing was so stupid and he just kept digging, he had loads of goes at Ben Arfa for trying to be creative and said he wasn't strong enough (I thought he was looking stronger personally), all their fouls were fine, just a free kick, we only had one shot on target and scored - he couldn't get over that! - and "The  Rangers" were great.

I swear any ex-NUFC players bend over backwards NOT to be biased on our games, but all the rest just let rip, including our exes who hold grudges - Souness, Allardyce, Lawrenson, etc. Makes my blood boil!

Have you seen the new advert for Room 101? Frank Skinner lists a load of things he doesn't like, included in the list is "Ray Wilkins co-commentary".

;D ;D

That's brilliant haha

I've never seen the commentary from the match on sunday because i was at the match but since he has been emplyed in this role he has been nothing short of a cunt, i can't listen to him when he is commentating on Chelsea, i can just about bear with him for anyone expect them. John, Frank, Ashley, Niko, Didi, Danny...all that cuntish commentary does my head in!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone remember when he threw a ball at the ref and got sent off for England? Original bad boy is wilky.

1986 world cup?  might even be the same game robson dislocated his shoulder.

Anyone remember when he threw a ball at the ref and got sent off for England? Original bad boy is wilky.

probably, i was dead young, one of my first footballing memories, remember laughing my head off over and over, would have been 5 like so sounds about right.  :lol:

probably, i was dead young, one of my first footballing memories, remember laughing my head off over and over, would have been 5 like so sounds about right.  :lol:

was it at the ref?... Seem to remember he just threw the ball to the ground... Was only 12 at the time... 1st time I'd be allowed to stay up late... Think the games were on 1am!... Possibly beyond that!...

was it at the ref?... Seem to remember he just threw the ball to the ground... Was only 12 at the time... 1st time I'd be allowed to stay up late... Think the games were on 1am!... Possibly beyond that!...

England were playing in S America (sure it was a friendly - not the WC game above) late at night; I watched it at the then Girlfriends house, her mother fancied Wilkins something rotten. Just as she finished saying how lovely he was he ran over to a ball boy and shouted at him and the tv camera next to the ball boy "give 'us the f***ing ball".

Absolutely hilarious; it was the first time I'd heard a player swear so clearly down a tv camera. Girlfriends mother felt so ashamed and dumped Butch there and then.

Wilkins :facepalm:

The uncertainty itself is more than enough to strip Terry of the England captaincy. I've said this before, it actually does reflect badly on English football for an England captain who is accused of being racially abusive to lead out a team at an International Tournament.

This cunt is in Norwegian PL studio today.

Host: "Do you think it is exciting that Newcastle will go 4-4-2 with both Dembas up top?"

Wilkins: "No, I think that is the only way they know how to play. Tottenham are my favorite team to watch. Newcastle are there for the picking today."

This c*** is in Norwegian PL studio today.

Host: "Do you think it is exciting that Newcastle will go 4-4-2 with both Dembas up top?"

Wilkins: "No, I think that is the only way they know how to play. Tottenham are my favorite team to watch. Newcastle are there for the picking today."

Cunt.

This cunt is in Norwegian PL studio today.

No way?

:lol:

Yes way :lol:

Now he was just asked about the vacant England job. To paraphrase a bit on his answer:

"We want an english coach. I´d give the job to Redknapp, Venables or even a Hoddle"

"What about Keegan?"

"I didn´t mention him because I don´t think he would be able to do the job."

"......."

England were playing in S America (sure it was a friendly - not the WC game above) late at night; I watched it at the then Girlfriends house, her mother fancied Wilkins something rotten. Just as she finished saying how lovely he was he ran over to a ball boy and shouted at him and the tv camera next to the ball boy "give 'us the f***ing ball".

Absolutely hilarious; it was the first time I'd heard a player swear so clearly down a tv camera. Girlfriends mother felt so ashamed and dumped Butch there and then.

IIRC Was the second game of World Cup 86 in Mexico (a 0-0 against Morrocco) and this with the injury to Bryan Robson forced Bobby's hand in the last group game and he brought Peter Beardsley into the team for the last group game where we demolished Poland and kick-started our competition, only to be robbed by the biggest cunt in the game in the quarters.