Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

They were around 3,500ish short of a sell-out in their last league game against Liege (25,831 out of possible 29,472). Maybe they reckon they can sell-out against a Prem side? Don't blame them if that's the case tbh, obviously you'd rather have your own fans in the ground than a massive away following.

They were around 3,500ish short of a sell-out in their last league game against Liege (25,831 out of possible 29,472). Maybe they reckon they can sell-out against a Prem side? Don't blame them if that's the case tbh, obviously you'd rather have your own fans in the ground than a massive away following.

This, unfortunately.

Yep. Imagine Brum aren't the biggest draw hence them getting extra.

Still, going to be interesting have 10,000 nufc fans without tickets. police there will have to use a bit of common sense and not antagonise people needlessly.

Sadly, we are a much bigger pull in Europe than Birmingham City would be and they're confident of selling out to home fans.

Don't get what the benefits of doing this for Club Brugge are? Surely the club would make more money by giving us more tickets?

Why? Tickets cost the same regardless, fill the ground with their fans and increase the chances of beating us + save on policing costs. Win, win, win.

Got absolutely no issue with Brugge doing this and if we had a small ground I'd want us to do the same. Looking forward to having a nice break in a nice city or 2 with ample beers to try.

I think you'll find that a small city like Brugge, would find hit hard to cope with 6000+ Geordies.

TF editor just tweeted that Thomas Cook have been given 500 of the 1470 for sale outside of loyalties. Find that hard to believe.

I don't find it hard to believe, unfortunately. No doubt they were expecting to get far more tickets and had probably struck up a deal with Thomas Cook incorporating a handsome profit for Mike for doing nowt other than giving away 500 tickets out of 5000 (which nobody would have kicked up too much of a fuss about).

It stinks if true but I wouldn't be surprised at all.

I bet everyone wishes they had 156 loyalty points like me!

Gonna be shit for the lads who travel up and down the road week in, week out. Missing out to some cunt who has rolled out for his first away game ever and gets a ticket because they go via Thomas Cook.

About time NUFC gave similar allocations and charged similar prices to those who take the piss out of us - Chelsea etc £50+ per ticket.

I bet everyone wishes they had 156 loyalty points like me!

Gonna be shit for the lads who travel up and down the road week in, week out. Missing out to some cunt who has rolled out for his first away game ever and gets a ticket because they go via Thomas Cook.

About time NUFC gave similar allocations and charged similar prices to those who take the piss out of us - Chelsea etc £50+ per ticket.

How many do you think will be a safe number for a ticket?

Don't get what the benefits of doing this for Club Brugge are? Surely the club would make more money by giving us more tickets?

Why? Tickets cost the same regardless, fill the ground with their fans and increase the chances of beating us + save on policing costs. Win, win, win.

Got absolutely no issue with Brugge doing this and if we had a small ground I'd want us to do the same. Looking forward to having a nice break in a nice city or 2 with ample beers to try.

I actually thought their stadium was bigger and they were going to be struggling to fill it. Agree.

It would be impossible to advise the fans as within hours flights and hotels were booked. my only fear are the bars being closed down for the day due to the amount of fans travelling without tickets

Aye, that crossed my mind too. They had a drink ban at the Juventus game a few years back. Still seemed to be 1 or 2 bars where you could drink without being hassled though. If need be we'll just have to drink somewhere on the outskirts of the city. How big a radius can they impose a drink ban? Going to be a big police job this. One of the biggest invasions since the nazis.

TF editor just tweeted that Thomas Cook have been given 500 of the 1470 for sale outside of loyalties. Find that hard to believe.

I don't find it hard to believe, unfortunately. No doubt they were expecting to get far more tickets and had probably struck up a deal with Thomas Cook incorporating a handsome profit for Mike for doing nowt other than giving away 500 tickets out of 5000 (which nobody would have kicked up too much of a fuss about).

It stinks if true but I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Pretty sure they do the same at other clubs, I remember reading lots of Celtic fans were angry at the same happening to them.

Guest GeordieBatistuta

Pretty sure in the small print for the Thomas Cook, if you don't meet the requirements for the match ticket (i.e points), you get refunded for the flights and hotel.