Romain Amalfitano joins Dijon permanently for an undisclosed fee

stozo

From another forum:

"Good deal for you lot if it's a free as mentioned. He's very decent player for Reims. Excellent passing ability but he's unlikely to rack up the goals or assists. More of a holding the ball and releasing for another e.g Cabaye to do tricks with it. Think Arteta."

Reading in between the lines i reckon Guthrie is on the way out and this fella is his replacement.

I would like to be the first to officially boo him.  I'll be bumping this in 4 years time to remind you all it was me, tommy, who first said he'd never amount to anything. 

Unless he comes good, in which case I'm happy I was wrong. [/win-win]

He'll be 23 in August, so he'll be for the first team.

If Guthrie and Tioté are off then we will need players in midfield. This guy, Mark Davies and Corgnet would probably do

His brother has got really tidy feet, hopefully Romain picked up that trait. Just want him to be able to play pass and move, he'll almost definitely be a better option than Perch or Gosling in CM

If Guthrie and Tioté are off then we will need players in midfield. This guy, Mark Davies and Corgnet would probably do

What is there to suggest that Tiote is off?

What is there to suggest that Tiote is off?

It's more 'hip' to think like that.

What is there to suggest that Tiote is off? Check the mammoth Lambias article talking specifically about the high possibility of him being sold, because clubs have noticed him and we won't stand in his way if a big enough offer comes in.

Granted there is enough negativity around this place and the remnants of what used to be a red panic button somewhere. However, whether Tiote stays is pretty much in his court, I would like to think he will stick around, depends on who is in for him really.

If 'Hip' is reading the facts and quotes put in front of you and making a logical deduction let me jump on that band wagon.

What is there to suggest that Tiote is off? Check the mammoth Lambias article talking specifically about the high possibility of him being sold, because clubs have noticed him and we won't stand in his way if a big enough offer comes in.

Granted there is enough negativity around this place and the remnants of what used to be a red panic button somewhere. However, whether Tiote stays is pretty much in his court, I would like to think he will stick around, depends on who is in for him really.

If 'Hip' is reading the facts and quotes put in front of you and making a logical deduction let me jump on that band wagon.

For sure, there was talk of 'trading'.

As we've seen with the Carroll / Ba / Cisse situation, that could well leave us stronger. Tiote has some weaker areas in his game, and if the offer is big enough, we should accept.

From another forum:

"Good deal for you lot if it's a free as mentioned. He's very decent player for Reims. Excellent passing ability but he's unlikely to rack up the goals or assists. More of a holding the ball and releasing for another e.g Cabaye to do tricks with it. Think Arteta."

sounds like a replacement for Guthrie to be honest.  Sad really because i rate guthrie.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MrSundlofer
The Journal understands an announcement on Reims midfielder Romain Amalfitano may be made at the end of the season after Newcastle agreed a deal to sign the promising 18-year-old.

• 1 month later...