Newcastle 1 - 1 Sunderland - 04/03/12 - post-match reaction from page 42

Beren

Colin Murray talking absolute s**** about Mike Dean.

Nowt new there then? The last time I saw him talk about football he was having a chat to Pat Nevin on Channel 5. He does MOTD now, FUCK ME! This TV licence is clearly not working out if it is used to employ cunts like Murray to talk about football.

Would really have liked to see the Ba and Ben Arfa penalty incidents. Both looked clear penalties to me.

All has probably been said, but my thoughts: first half was utter shite. Ben Arfa and a completely different attitude from both teams changed the game in the second half. Always thought we'd score, but was obviously getting nervous towards the end, and was gutted after Bas missed penalty.

Thought the atmosphere was very good in the second half, after a bit of a poor first half (considering it was a derby). Very different from last years derby, today was very nervy and the crowd wanted to get the team going.

Oh, and Cattermole is such a fucking cunt, been said so many times, but the cunt shouldn't be allowed to play football. Five game ban, isn't it? Should be ten times that tbh.

MoN brings on Wayne Bridge, quite possibly the best example of an overpaid and overrated English "name" player, the type he bought by the bucketload at Villa, and he switches off to let Shola in to score.

It's almost poetic.

Well that was a derby day.

Ended up running around a small Vietnamese town trying to find a place with the game on, when I finally found one Bendtner was just about to take the penalty. Chainsmoked and drank my way through the second half with loads of Vietnamese people cheering us on once they saw me going spare. The hush that came over the place when Ba missed the penalty. :lol:

Thank fuck for Shola.

Embarrassing that Ben Arfa doesn't start and that Simpson stayed on the field after they went down to 10 despite offering absolutely nothing offensively. Pardew needs to sort his life out.

Guest optimistic nit

Would really have liked to see the Ba and Ben Arfa penalty incidents. Both looked clear penalties to me.

All has probably been said, but my thoughts: first half was utter shite. Ben Arfa and a completely different attitude from both teams changed the game in the second half. Always thought we'd score, but was obviously getting nervous towards the end, and was gutted after Bas missed penalty.

Thought the atmosphere was very good in the second half, after a bit of a poor first half (considering it was a derby). Very different from last years derby, today was very nervy and the crowd wanted to get the team going.

Oh, and Cattermole is such a fucking cunt, been said so many times, but the cunt shouldn't be allowed to play football. Five game ban, isn't it? Should be ten times that tbh.

Ben Arfa one wasn't a pen, but the push on Ba and the handball off Ba were stone wall imo. what made it funny (in a depressing way) was the commentators plain faced refusal to say either was a pen. with the second one he said it wasn't a pen because Ba outjumped the other guy iirc, followed by a short silence and the other commentator going 'in the interests of balance it does sort of look like it hit the sunderland players hand'. the same guy also suggested Ben Arfa should have been booked for diving for his appeal (when it was a clear shoulder barge, even if not a pen).

one of the worst reffing performaces and commentary performances i've seen. 2 boarderline redcards in the first half, yet we had 4 yellow cards to their 2. 2 clear pens not given.

Guest optimistic nit

Well that was a derby day.

Ended up running around a small Vietnamese town trying to find a place with the game on, when I finally found one Bendtner was just about to take the penalty. Chainsmoked and drank my way through the second half with loads of Vietnamese people cheering us on once they saw me going spare. The hush that came over the place when Ba missed the penalty. :lol:

Thank fuck for Shola.

Embarrassing that Ben Arfa doesn't start and that Simpson stayed on the field after they went down to 10 despite offering absolutely nothing offensively. Pardew needs to sort his life out.

Sounds good, i'm in Laos at the moment, didn't really have the same atmosphere here though.

Guest BooBoo

Krul 7

Simpson 6

Santon 5

Colo 6

Williamson 5

Raylor 5

Tiote 7

Cabaye 5

Jonas 7

Cisse 5

Ba 5