Arsenal vs Newcastle United - 12/03/12 @ 8pm (live on Sky) - pre-match thread

Dave

The golden rule for sitting in the home end at an away game is: as long as you can restrain yourself emotionally (if we score, decisions going for/against us), then things should be fine.

Would there really be that much bother at a place like the Emirates, even if you did do the occasional moan?  Obviously it isn't America but surely it can't be that bad?  You wouldn't get your ass kicked or anything, right?  Just a bunch of banter?

You'd very possibly get a slap and more likely if you were open about it would induce abuse from a wide area of fans around you which would attract the attention of the stewards and the dibble and you'd either be thrown out or arrested.

Arsenal has this perception of being a soft touch whereas Islington, Holloway and Finsbury Park are pretty rough areas and you're as likely to get a dig here as you are anywhere.

If your in the wrong end just sit quiet and watch the game, I know if I had a arsenal fan sitting next to me at sjp The most annoying thing he could do is act like one

I did the same last year and went beyond mental when that andy bloke scored and got some banter, but no real abuse. The seats are in with staff and that, so not too bad. Will be doin the same again tonight if we get a result. Might even go with the full black and white body paint or is that a step too far?

If it's true Raylor is out reckon we might see:

Tiote - Cabaye

Obertan                          Jonas

HBA

Ba

Arsenal will dominate possession so keep Tiote and Cabaye deeper and try to hit with pace on the break - Ba should be able to find space among their dodgy defenders.

I'd play that anyway but I'm ultra cautious.

Reet. We're close enough to kick off that we need to move from realism/pessimism to unbridled optimism. Gonna smash them 6-0. Ba hattrick, HBA with 2 and Colo with a 'Scholes-esque' edge-of-the-box volley from a corner.

Reet. We're close enough to kick off that we need to move from realism/pessimism to unbridled optimism. Gonna smash them 6-0. Ba hattrick, HBA with 2 and Colo with a 'Scholes-esque' edge-of-the-box volley from a corner.

Mike Williamson bicycle kick.

Reet. We're close enough to kick off that we need to move from realism/pessimism to unbridled optimism. Gonna smash them 6-0. Ba hattrick, HBA with 2 and Colo with a 'Shearer-esque' edge-of-the-box volley from a corner.

Modified.

Hmmm, still deciding on whether or not I should head into town to watch this game...

Why wouldnt you?

My record isn't exactly brilliant! The last few matches I've watched in town has usually ended up in a loss for us.....

But the strong possibility of Ben Arfa starting has got me all excited now!

Guest Craig-NUFC

Hatem Ben Arfa vs Sunderland (04/03/2012) HD :smitten:

I can't watch that video without screaming at Simpson to not hoof it when he has HBA and Cabaye(?) stood within yards of him

Would be immense if we can get something from this BUT I can only see it being a comfortable win for Arsenal

I would like us to really go for it, anything we get I would consider a bonus so may as well give it a real try instead of being overly defensive

Since I joined this place every time I have watched you play, you've never lost. So I'll tune in and see if the streak continues.

Should be a fun game nonetheless.

Much appreciated VI O0

Since I joined this place every time I have watched you play, you've never lost. So I'll tune in and see if the streak continues.

Should be a fun game nonetheless.

You saying you havent seen much of us?