Newcastle United v Liverpool - Sunday 1st April 2012 1:30pm (Live on Sky Sports)

Sima

No way Santon will start, Pardew won't fancy such an attacking full back, who likes to bomb forward whenever the opportunity presents itself, in the absence of Coloccini, possibly rightfully so. Although personally I'd definitely have him in ahead of Simpson

With Perch and Willo in the centre he doesn't have much choice. It'll most likely be Simpson and Santon either side of them.

I thought Raylor is back for this one? In which case I fully expect to see him come in at LB and Perch moving to CB, with the rest of the team unchanged.

Guest andrew

Raylor absolutely has to play with no Colo. we need a more experienced and reserved full back to keep the line.

Simpson. Williamson. Perch. Raylor.

Try and read that without shuddering.

I would prefer:

Raylor-Perch-Williamson-Santon

It's the lesser of the two evils.

Aye, plus Danny needs a well-earned 'rest'...

Reception for Enrique and Carroll will be?

expect Enrique to get a warm reception at first, then maybe a few boo's when the game gets underway (see Les Ferdinand etc), but Carroll to get booed, abused and jeered throughout.

No doubt Henderson will get 'you're just a sad mackem b******' at some point and Bellamy will also be jeered.

Should be the other way round.

Enrique should get dogs abuse and Carroll a good reception in my john humble.

Our defence is dodgy BUT going forward we are a dream

The pressure is firmly on them, if they come to attack us then they leave themselves vulnerable to our counter attack, hopefully they will be stuck in 2 minds and play shite like they have for most of the season

Guest ThievingMagpie

Guthrie, Cabaye and Jonas makes a decentish stop gap of a midfield 3 because I think Tiote will be a million million times more effective in this game if he was centre half just for this game.

Without Colo the backline needs a strong tackler and leader and Tiote will do a job.

Simpson will be fine man. The only reason I'd pick R Taylor over Santon at left back in this game is because we're missing the skipper's assuring presence. Taylor being the more experienced of the two.

Depends on what sort of experience you are after. If you're talking simply about number of games then indeed Ryan Taylor gets the nod, however, if you want someone who has played international football and in the champions league then Santon is your man.

The pressure is firmly on them, if they come to attack us then they leave themselves vulnerable to our counter attack, hopefully they will be stuck in 2 minds and play shite like they have for most of the season

:lol: Steady on, it was one game.

Guthrie, Cabaye and Jonas makes a decentish stop gap of a midfield 3 because I think Tiote will be a million million times more effective in this game if he was centre half just for this game.

Without Colo the backline needs a strong tackler and leader and Tiote will do a job.

Not sure, how many penalties would Tiote concede playing at CB? And in the air against Carroll?

Not that the other options are good, but still.

:lol: Steady on, it was one game.

Wew soz. Are you his Dad or summit like?

Ben Arfa vs Enrique. hmm could get interesting :D

Why not Jonas on the right ? He knows Enrique very well.

Enrique knows Jonas very well, more importantly.

If Enrique is the same attacking full back he was at Newcastle, Hatem will struggle.

Didn't you know? Despite being exactly the same player he was a year ago, Jose is now one of the best left backs in the world since he's signed for a big club

Simpson. Williamson. Perch. Raylor.

Try and read that without shuddering.

We tied Man U at home a few years back with a back four of Solano Taylor Huntington Edgar.

Crazier things have happened.

Edgar scored the equaliser that day too. Roeder was very pleased (the surprised look he had was quite funny!).

Guest hatem garrincha

Ben Arfa vs Enrique. hmm could get interesting :D

Why not Jonas on the right ? He knows Enrique very well.

Enrique knows Jonas very well, more importantly.

If Enrique is the same attacking full back he was at Newcastle, Hatem will struggle.

Didn't you know? Despite being exactly the same player he was a year ago, Jose is now one of the best left backs in the world since he's signed for a big club

:)

I didn't see plenty of Liverpool games this season. Is Enrique made in Dalglish as offensive as the player he was at NUFC ?

Guest andrew

Raylor over Santon? :yao:

For this game, yes. obviously santon long term and hopefully for the rest of the season with el capitan back but for this one we need experience and ability to communicate across the line. Raylor can do that despite his defensive limitations and seems to revel in it. Santon has a lot of positioning errors, communication and often goes forward at inappropriate times and gets back too slowly- things he will phase out next year.

He's our best fullback and our long term option. Bullshit not to play him. No one will convince me Raylor is the better defender, and Jonas will help out defensively anyways. I genuinely don't understand the "stick" Santon is and have been getting. He's done fine.