Will we qualify for the Champions League? Sadly not...

Rich

The way I see it, avoid defeat at Chelsea and it's still very much on.

I'm actually quite confident of a win against City at St. James'. Don't know why but it's my gut feeling.

Oh yes, it's definitely still on now.

Hard to believe just before the Liverpool game last month I think most of us would have been chuffed to bits to be 4 points clear of Liverpool in 6th place at this stage...to be 4 points clear of Chelsea and a point behind Arsenal is just insane. :lol:

Football is such a crazy game. A lot of us thought the CL was out of the question after the Wigan result, now we're right back in it :lol:

If we beat City I think we'll actually finish 3rd.

People ridiculed me a few weeks ago because I was disappointed that Arsenal had gain points against Man City. 3rd is most definitely on now. We have a 2 in 3 chance of finishing top 4.

Fuck off putting it like that! :lol: Making me dream too much, man.

Guest Brendan_Rice

People ridiculed me a few weeks ago because I was disappointed that Arsenal had gain points against Man City. 3rd is most definitely on now. We have a 2 in 3 chance of finishing top 4.

Like that thinking, it could go any way, I hope it goes ours

It would be so typical of NUFC to come this far then fail at the final hurdle. Or get over that hurdle then be screwed out of it by someone else anyway (Chelsea winning the CL). Someone put it brilliantly the other day when they said it was the most Newcastle thing they could think of. :lol:

Ah well, we'll see. Fingers crossed. :indi:

Two games to go for every club in the division, we sit fifth - level with fourth and just one point behind third. Sunday is going to be epic. Howay.

For the record, we're in the same position as we were when this thread was started, but we've extended the gap to Chelsea by another two points and we've clawed back a point on Arsenal despite them having had a game in hand on us.

(Voted "yes" again, obviously, and feel far less phony doing so this time around.)

Rolling Poll Results

Tuesday 10th April @ 6pm - Sunday 15th April @ 9pm: Yes = 89 (24.7%) No = 271 (75.3%) from 360 votes

Sunday 15th April @ 9pm - Saturday 21st April @ 5pm: Yes = 62 (37.6%) No = 103 (62.4%) from 165 votes. An increase in belief of 9.9%

Saturday 21st April @ 5pm - Saturday 28th April @ 3pm: Yes = 94 (41.8%) No = 131 (58.2%) from 224 votes. An increase in belief of 4.2%

Monday 30th April @ 10pm - Wednesday 2nd May @ 9pm: Yes = 5 (15.2%) No = 28 (84.8%) from 33 votes. A decrease in belief of 26.6%

Rolling Poll Results

Tuesday 10th April @ 6pm - Sunday 15th April @ 9pm: Yes = 89 (24.7%) No = 271 (75.3%) from 360 votes

Sunday 15th April @ 9pm - Saturday 21st April @ 5pm: Yes = 62 (37.6%) No = 103 (62.4%) from 165 votes. An increase in belief of 9.9%

Saturday 21st April @ 5pm - Saturday 28th April @ 3pm: Yes = 94 (41.8%) No = 131 (58.2%) from 224 votes. An increase in belief of 4.2%

Monday 30th April @ 10pm - Wednesday 2nd May @ 9pm: Yes = 5 (15.2%) No = 28 (84.8%) from 33 votes. A decrease in belief of 26.6%

Like this. The Wigan game. :lol:

I've never voted either way anyway. Fuck that, I'll jinx it.

The reference to us lot as having 'delusions of grandeur' has stuck in my head for years, for some reason. It used to make me angry, but in the last few months it's made me smile.

Whatever happens in the next 10 days, we've stuck it up so many people this season. It feels bloody good. Really fucking good.

The reference to us lot as having 'delusions of grandeur' has stuck in my head for years, for some reason. It used to make me angry, but in the last few months it's made me smile.

Whatever happens in the next 10 days, we've stuck it up so many people this season. It feels bloody good. Really f***ing good.

100%. You just know that if we have an average run next year the journo's and pundits will be out saying things like the Geordie public are greedy for more, they won't be satisfied with this, blah blah blah. They can fucking shove it, absolutely sick of lazy, pathetic journalism and fans who just gobble it up