Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

They're taking a big hit on him so fair enough trying to get something if he becomes a hit again at PSV and they sell on for a big fee in future.

I'm surprised we haven't gone back in at that price tbh. Obviously he was utterly toothless when he was here, but Pardew does still need a big target man, and we don't seem to be any closer to getting one.

As bad as he was here, he still seemed like a nice lad who said all the right things. Fair play to him giving his brother kind words about coming here. (Not dumb, obv. know cash and future shop window thing is really the reason)

I really wouldn't have gone for him at that price or probably even lower.  Paying 0.5m, 5.5m or 15.5m for a guy that doesn't score still gets you zero goals.  Move on, plenty of other players to monitor.

I really wouldn't have gone for him at that price or probably even lower.  Paying 0.5m, 5.5m or 15.5m for a guy that doesn't score still gets you zero goals.  Move on, plenty of other players to monitor.

He obviously did score goals at some point in his career, he was rated more highly than his brother a couple of years ago. He looks scared of his own shadow these days though. Based on what I saw last year I'd be doubtful he'd turn it around, but for a low price it might be worth a punt for some club.

• 5 months later...