Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest bimpy474

There's nothing wrong with either of those as a set up, the problem is we have no movement and attacking play.

I don't know about anyone else but I will find it hard to forgive Pardew for providing Do Canio the opportunity to strut around our ground fist-pumping in glory after winning 3-0. Do Canio had the balls to press us high up the pitch, and considering they were in serious relegation trouble that took some guts.

There's nothing wrong with either of those as a set up, the problem is we have no movement and attacking play.

There's plenty wrong with only ever having 3, or 4 if a fullback joins in, players attacking. It's crazy. And our defence stays way too deep. There's nothing wrong with the 1st pic as a setup if you don't have the ball, but it's fucking stupid way to try to score goals when you do have the ball. That's the problem.

We can play as image 1 when they have the ball, or deeper even if need be, but we just don't push up to the second image.

I don't know about anyone else but I will find it hard to forgive Pardew for providing Do Canio the opportunity to strut around our ground fist-pumping in glory after winning 3-0. Do Canio had the balls to press us high up the pitch, and considering they were in serious relegation trouble that took some guts.

Yup.

Just gave them the game.

Guest bimpy474

There's plenty wrong with only ever having 3, or 4 if a fullback joins in, players attacking. It's crazy. And our defence stays way too deep. There's nothing wrong with the 1st pic as a setup if you don't have the ball, but it's fucking stupid way to try to score goals when you do have the ball. That's the problem.

We can play as image 1 when they have the ball, or deeper even if need be, but we just don't push up to the second image.

I dont mean the depth mate, i meant the actual formation itself. Same formation but pushed up is fine with good movement, should have made that clearer.

Except Marv played out wide today for big parts of the first half?

In my hurry to do the pics and because I watched swathes of the match through gaps in my fingers, maybe Sissoko, Gouffran and Marveaux could be interchanged a bit. But that's the formation, either way, and that's my point.

Our phases of transition are possibly the worst I've ever seen from a team at this level. I've said it for ages now, but it cripples us completely. Its all down to a complete lack of ambition, nous and organisation.

Look at how easily we sliced through them on the deck for the second Mignolet save from Cisse. In spite of that, how many lofted crosses did we put in from deep positions that were easily cleared with barely a challenge?

Our players are good enough but they are playing with no logical shape or tactics.

There's plenty wrong with only ever having 3, or 4 if a fullback joins in, players attacking. It's crazy. And our defence stays way too deep. There's nothing wrong with the 1st pic as a setup if you don't have the ball, but it's f***ing stupid way to try to score goals when you do have the ball. That's the problem.

I dont mean the depth mate, i meant the actual formation itself. Same formation but pushed up is fine with good movement, should have made that clearer.

Oh for sure. That's really all formation 2 is: Formation 1 but pushed forward. Except Cabaye moves forward as well so there's only 1 holding midfielder, but it could still work (but be a bit less gung-ho) with Cabaye further back but I think that would be a waste of his talents, as we're seeing now.

We should pin the inevitable montage of clips of Di Canio celebrating at our ground at the top of our board as a reminder of what Pardew has put us through today.

Irrespective of what he does here from now on, there should be no way back for him after that.

Look at how easily we sliced through them on the deck for the second Mignolet save from Cisse. In spite of that, how many lofted crosses did we put in from deep positions that were easily cleared with barely a challenge?

Our players are good enough but they are playing with no logical shape or tactics.

Yes, we had the odd moment when the player put togethewr some really nice moves off the cuff. If we had a coach who understood how to implement it as a system then I've no doubt we'd be in the top 6 no problem. We have a far better squad than most.

Nail on head.

As much as I have more time for Pardew than most, I have to agree this happens far too often. Strangely we manage to be rigid but also all over the shop at the same time. He needs to raise his game next season.

Nail on head.

As much as I have more time for Pardew than most, I have to agree this happens far too often. Strangely we manage to be rigid but also all over the shop at the same time. He needs to raise his game next season.

:lol:

WUM.

Nail on head.

WUM.