Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

Funny how people got laughed at after the West Ham game when some were saying they wanted him out but now, just one game later people seem to think differently.. Maybe not calling for his head, but i doubt many would be too disappointed if he got sacked now (that wont happen though)

Personally i have never believed in him, not even after last season, not to 100% anyway. I would fire him now if i had the choice, why wait if you know he's not the right man for this? Will just make it worse for us in the long term if we wait. I love football when played the right way, and i dont think we'll ever see this with Pardew as manager, and it hurts.

Maybe people just don't feel the need to repeat the position they made clear last week, dude?

A problem has been evident for some time and a concern is becoming a serious worry, but it would still be lunacy to advocate sacking the man at this point.

I'm getting a bit fucking sick of you talking sense in a respectful way tbh mate. :lol:

I dont want him sacked as I have no faith in bringing someone better in, I just want him to stop making ridiculous decision.

The trouble is that it's not just his decision making as far as the matchday selection goes that's under question, it's his entire coaching philosophy, an issue which goes much deeper and is a lot more difficult to put right.

The players we have and the ones we will surely look to buy in future (because I can't see us stopping shopping in France soon) like to pass the ball rather than launch it so something has to give because we cannot keep playing this way with these players.

You just wish we had someone who has innate insight in place rather than someone who goes through the motions and justifies choices with arbitrary stats and feeble deflections like the Europa League. Also the trouble is if he went it would just initiate another cycle of inappropriate, desperate journeyman appointments the likes of that followed Bobby's sacking.

Funny how people got laughed at after the West Ham game when some were saying they wanted him out but now, just one game later people seem to think differently.. Maybe not calling for his head, but i doubt many would be too disappointed if he got sacked now (that wont happen though)

Personally i have never believed in him, not even after last season, not to 100% anyway. I would fire him now if i had the choice, why wait if you know he's not the right man for this? Will just make it worse for us in the long term if we wait. I love football when played the right way, and i dont think we'll ever see this with Pardew as manager, and it hurts.

Maybe people just don't feel the need to repeat the position they made clear last week, dude?

A problem has been evident for some time and a concern is becoming a serious worry, but it would still be lunacy to advocate sacking the man at this point.

I'm getting a bit f***ing sick of you talking sense in a respectful way tbh mate. :lol:

Yeah, it's weird :lol:

He talks a good game but the reality is very different.

I remember how Cabaye said he was attracted to the club because Pardew wanted to instill a fluid passing game and he was to be a key part of that and I wonder what he must think.  It was frustating seeing how Swansea passed the ball around yesterday - the quick movement, accurate passing and their players always making themselves available to receive a pass.  Most of the other teams, even struggling ones, seem to be playing decent football regardless of the players available and we seem to be being left behind.

Spot on.

My position exactly

I would be gutted if he was sacked now. The possibility is ludicrous anyway, no idea why people are wasting posts on it.

Not many are tbf, but how long do you think we can put up with results and performances like this, bearing in mind how many players we're going to need to keep again next summer?

I think he was telling the truth that he wanted us playing passing along the floor stuff but is not a great believer in real tinkering, instead relying on players to sort it out themselves on the pitch and motivating them properly, in line with the Redknapps and Warnocks of the footy world. Problem is when motivating stops working, it's just not enough.

Guest malandro

I would be gutted if he was sacked now. The possibility is ludicrous anyway, no idea why people are wasting posts on it.

It might have something to with our current points total being greater than our form has merited. Not only have we picked up some very fortuitous points but seven of our twelve games so far have been at home. We have, to be blunt, been woeful.

Agree that talk of sacking AP is premature but we have a lot of difficult games in December and unless our form picks up soon we risk getting dragged into the relegation battle. Never thought I'd be saying that at the start of the season.

Something has to change and if Pardew can't work out what that is then it is almost certainly the manager. Whether the club would have the balls to get shot of him after making a big song and dance about stability and eight year contracts is another question.

We should of course be talking about our problems and what the solutions might be, I just think it's insanely premature to talk about changing the manager. I would be very disappointed if it happened, because yet again we would be letting fear of a short term downturn ruin any chance of stability.

Guest malandro

We should of course be talking about our problems and what the solutions might be, I just think it's insanely premature to talk about changing the manager. I would be very disappointed if it happened, because yet again we would be letting fear of a short term downturn ruin any chance of stability.

The fear of investing money is our biggest problem. The club is so obsessed about making profits in the short term that they risk making long term problems.

When Pardew was appointed he made a big thing of how he was harder than Hughton and would be banging on the chairmans door for funds. He then went out of his way to defend last summer's lack of investment.  He treats the supporters like idiots and is rapidly losing their trust.

It would be lunacy if we didn't replace him with a quality manager, yes.

Guest malandro

It has been embarrassing how many managers we have had in the last decade or so, stability is something we need or we will always struggle to stay a top team season in season out

The lack of managerial stability has nothing to with the supporters and I don't find it embarrassing at all. Nor is it justification for sticking with an unquestionably failing manager, if Pardew gets to that point.

Can't see it happen soon, but Pardew will have to step down one way or another, just a question of time. Really want it to work out, but i just can't see it happening.

It has been embarrassing how many managers we have had in the last decade or so, stability is something we need or we will always struggle to stay a top team season in season out

My least favourite footballing cliche. When you get a good manager, then try to keep him for 10+ years.

Unless Ashley is mates with Martinez, Jol or some other decent coach and both parties are willing to work harmoniously it's all a moot point though. We're stuck with Pardew, no point twisting to nothing so we have to stick until Ashley goes, becomes mates with a better coach or kicks Pardew out of the regime (which we're a million miles away from IMO).

My least favourite footballing cliche. When you get a good manager, then try to keep him for 10+ years.

Unless Ashley is mates with Martinez, Jol or some other decent coach and both parties are willing to work harmoniously it's all a moot point though. We're stuck with Pardew, no point twisting to nothing so we have to stick until Ashley goes, becomes mates with a better coach or kicks Pardew out of the regime (which we're a million miles away from IMO).

Never and I mean never, underestimate Mashleys cunning ruthlesness.

Obvious of course but it rests in the hands of the players.

If he 'loses the dressing room', then we are fucked. I don't believe there is any coming back once the players lose faith and respect in the manager and his tactics.