Floated set penis to Williamson/Taylor at back post

Dave

Is it just me or are they getting even worse?

At least we tried something different at one point today, if Anita hadn't had a heavy touch Cabaye would have had a decent shot at goal unchallenged from 6 yards out.

Not exactly a set piece, but our kick-offs = :anguish:

:lol:

Take a touch and boot it straight towards the corner flag.

I remember when Marseille used to do that. Did it against us, kick-off, boot it out for a throw near the corner flag and try and pen them in. Remember Drogba waving frantically doing that. :lol:

Dropped to him in space for the first time ever and he air-kicked it. :lol:

:lol: That was amazing. Bumbling fool had no clue what to do with it.

It's like when my dog sees another dog in the park

[excited]a dog, a dog, a dog, a dog, a dog[/excited]

Gets up to the other dog

[scared] shit!! a dog, a dog, a dog[/scared]

Runs away from the other dog

Close to 450 days since last corner goal now?

Might aswell just stay behind,countering the inevitable counterattack.

I could honestly see this appearing before him planning multiple routines to actually give opponents something to think about.

Close to 450 days since last corner goal now?

Might aswell just stay behind,countering the inevitable counterattack.

I could honestly see this appearing before him planning multiple routines to actually give opponents something to think about.

thing is, on the few occasions we have looked to try something different we have looked more dangerous.

We may as well take a corner in the same way Barcelona and Spain do (i.e. never cross it into the box, instead we pass it straight back to midfield).

i can see more teams doing this. wasn't there some study done recently about the number of goals scored from corners in the top euro divisions, champs league and europa and the number was very low, certainly not a high enough chance to get the crowd going the way it usually does.

Dropped to him in space for the first time ever and he air-kicked it. :lol:

The one bad NUFC moment I have actually laughed about in recent time. It was so obvious it was going to happen when he eventually got it in space :lol:

Guest VanBarduck

According to whoscored.com (powered by Opta Statistics) he's our best player above Ben Arfa and Cabaye .....  :kasper:

His rating : 7.33

Ben Arfa : 7.29

Cabaye : 7.18

Guest tollemache

We may as well take a corner in the same way Barcelona and Spain do (i.e. never cross it into the box, instead we pass it straight back to midfield).

i can see more teams doing this. wasn't there some study done recently about the number of goals scored from corners in the top euro divisions, champs league and europa and the number was very low, certainly not a high enough chance to get the crowd going the way it usually does.

It probably depends where you draw the line between the corner and open play resuming. I bet the number of goals scored in the period of play following corners is pretty high, with lots of action around the box, the defence potentially disorganised for a moment and a forest of bodies in front of the keeper. If the ball is cleared and then recycled into the box a couple of times resulting in a shot from 18 yards deflecting in, was that a goal from a corner?

I think what I've inadvertently done there is add my voice to the "play it short" brigade haven't I? Kind of