Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

He has been decent in general and has something about him, but like Sissoko he is quite average as a footballer and relies on his physical attributes more than anything. If he doesn't sign I wouldn't be too gutted. He isn't a patch on Ba.

:lol: Really? That's a tad harsh. He can't lead a line but he's brilliant when he's on either wing and can cut inside/overlap/ stealth behind a CB. If we can get De Jong as our main striker then maybe Pardew will shift him on the side which is his preferred position.

Remy is an upgraded version of Ba imo. Both good goalscorers with good movement and the ability to hit a ball cleanly, but Remy is a tad more useful outside of the box, dribbles a bit better, has better stamina, and can play wide left without throwing the toys out of the pram. Both ultimately lacking as all-round footballers, and annoying to see Remy has an inconsistent touch that is often unnecessarily heavy, though I thought Ba's was generally worse when he was here.

Remy is an upgraded version of Ba imo. Both good goalscorers with good movement and the ability to hit a ball cleanly, but Remy is a tad more useful outside of the box, dribbles a bit better, has better stamina, and can play wide left without throwing the toys out of the pram. Both ultimately lacking as all-round footballers, and annoying to see Remy has an inconsistent touch that is often unnecessarily heavy, though I thought Ba's was generally worse when he was here.

ba can play thr lone front man role, remy can't really. he's the link man but we don't have the front man for him to link with.

Remy seemed like just what we needed when we got him on loan, a forward who was happy playing on the left.  Not his fault Cisse's confidence is shot and he's being played in a position where his back's often to goal, which doesn't suit him.  If we bought a proper centre forward and stuck Remy on the left I think he'd be areet.

Remy seemed like just what we needed when we got him on loan, a forward who was happy playing on the left.  Not his fault Cisse's confidence is shot and he's being played in a position where his back's often to goal, which doesn't suit him.  If we bought a proper centre forward and stuck Remy on the left I think he'd be areet.

Gouffran should be played through the middle, Ben Arfa on the right. Pardew seems desperate to make things harder for himself.

Yeah, it seems strange that we haven't really tried that but we've been here before with Pardew.

We sign a forward based on his performances through the middle, are struggling to find a player capable through the middle and play him on the wing.

"Hi i'm Alan Pardew, welcome to jackass".

ba can play thr lone front man role, remy can't really. he's the link man but we don't have the front man for him to link with.

I always felt Ba was better playing off someone as well tbh but for different reasons.... he's stronger than Remy but i never felt he was particularly outstanding at the lone forward role.

Since Shearer only Carroll was the only we have had who was particularly good at it for my money.

Remy was excellent in his early games but he now has the look of a player who is on loan and likely to remain that way until the loan is up...he has done enough to show other clubs what he can do but probably knows that NUFC are not going to get anywhere near his wage demands so he doesn't now want to bust a gut in case he gets injured. Wouldn't be surprised if he had been 'spoken to' by reps of other clubs....

Loic Remy deal no closer but Alan Pardew not panicking

20 Jan 2014 14:50

Newcastle United will wait until summer before looking at a permanent deal for

Alan Pardew admits Newcastle United are still a “long way” from striking a permanent deal for Loic Remy.

Tentative plans were put in place to try and secure Remy on a long-term contract in January but that has not been re-visited by the club, who will now wait until the summer before re-assessing their options.

Remy was terrific as United re-asserted their top-six – or even top- four credentials – at Upton Park.

The United boss said: “The plan was always that he would be on loan for the year and we had a deal with QPR that would be the case.

“We would like to do it permanently but there is a long way until that happens.

“It is not quite as simple as (meeting his release clause) as the player and his agents need to make sure it is right for the player and we have to honour that.

“We have no problem with that and we are talking to him all the time. He played well on Saturday.”

Further good form will inevitably prompt further interest in him, as Pardew admits.

He added: “That is the situation when you take a player on loan and he does as well as he does, but I can’t complain as he has been very professional around us with everything that he has done. He has been scoring goals.”

Newcastle’s win at Upton Park ended a run of four straight defeats Pardew had felt painted a poor picture of what had actually been some decent displays.

As disappointing as the FA Cup defeat against Cardiff was, United played well against both Manchester City and Arsenal without picking up points – and fell away from the Champions League chasing pack.

They won at West Ham and that keeps them in touch with the top six, although they now need to back up the East London victory with a win at Norwich on Tuesday week.

Pardew said: “We have to go on that similar run prior to this past three games.

“I have to say we have played well against Man City and Arsenal and taken nothing from those games. so our form has been pretty good, but we needed to say that with a win.

“It is no good saying you are playing well without backing it up with a win. We won and we take good confidence into the Norwich game.”

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/loic-remy-deal-no-closer-6528064

Guest bimpy474

Loic Remy deal no closer but Alan Pardew not panicking

20 Jan 2014 14:50

Newcastle United will wait until summer before looking at a permanent deal for

Alan Pardew admits Newcastle United are still a “long way” from striking a permanent deal for Loic Remy.

Tentative plans were put in place to try and secure Remy on a long-term contract in January but that has not been re-visited by the club, who will now wait until the summer before re-assessing their options.

Remy was terrific as United re-asserted their top-six – or even top- four credentials – at Upton Park.

The United boss said: “The plan was always that he would be on loan for the year and we had a deal with QPR that would be the case.

“We would like to do it permanently but there is a long way until that happens.

“It is not quite as simple as (meeting his release clause) as the player and his agents need to make sure it is right for the player and we have to honour that.

“We have no problem with that and we are talking to him all the time. He played well on Saturday.”

Further good form will inevitably prompt further interest in him, as Pardew admits.

He added: “That is the situation when you take a player on loan and he does as well as he does, but I can’t complain as he has been very professional around us with everything that he has done. He has been scoring goals.”

Newcastle’s win at Upton Park ended a run of four straight defeats Pardew had felt painted a poor picture of what had actually been some decent displays.

As disappointing as the FA Cup defeat against Cardiff was, United played well against both Manchester City and Arsenal without picking up points – and fell away from the Champions League chasing pack.

They won at West Ham and that keeps them in touch with the top six, although they now need to back up the East London victory with a win at Norwich on Tuesday week.

Pardew said: “We have to go on that similar run prior to this past three games.

“I have to say we have played well against Man City and Arsenal and taken nothing from those games. so our form has been pretty good, but we needed to say that with a win.

“It is no good saying you are playing well without backing it up with a win. We won and we take good confidence into the Norwich game.”

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/loic-remy-deal-no-closer-6528064

Interesting.

Perhaps the meeting the release clause thing is a done deal, but obviously the player (+ agents) need to agree or have right of refusing/choosing final destination?

I absolutely want him to be signing permanently for us, he's a fantastic all-around striker who still scores despite being in "patchy" form at the moment. He's scored all types of goals for us from his head, scrappy, tap-ins, wonder goals, etc.

I don't know why, but if it wasn't for fear that we'd likely not get anyone else in, I wouldn't be that bothered if we didn't sign him.

I mean, obviously I'd prefer we did sign him, but I'm fairly "meh" about him.

I don't know why, but if it wasn't for fear that we'd likely not get anyone else in, I wouldn't be that bothered if we didn't sign him.

Care to explain why?

Care to explain why?

Like I say, I don't really know why, he's scoring and doing his job but I'm just not as excited by him as I was by Cisse or Ba, despite him having the attributes to be better than both of them.

I feel like he's holding back, like he's constantly not quite reaching top speed. Kind of like permanently watching a 60% fit Thierry Henry, the ability is there but the match sharpness isn't quite right. He looks like the sort that should be beating players with ease and running at them with accuracy, yet we're over halfway through the season and he still has a dodgy first touch for example.

I dunno, maybe my expectations were too high, after all, he started very well both for QPR and us.

:lol: Should have known that would get jumped on. I didn't expect him to be as good as Henry - I was just using Henry as an example as Remy seems in a similar mould of player. I guess what I was getting at was that he looks like a more technically gifted player, yet he appears to miss-control the ball fairly often or take a heavy touch, like a technically gifted player (such as Henry) would do when just back from injury.

Henry is a good comparison. Henry wouldn't be at his best playing up front by himself. He should be playing from the left.

He did his entire career at Arsenal tbf, although they played it differently with Bergkamp behind him and gave the freedom to roam off to the left and cut inside.

In any case Remy can't lead the line in a Pardew team we know this, he'll get back to his early season form IMO if he played mainly off the left cutting inside.

Problem is Cisse is never used and Shola is crap, so its kinda an issue.