Newcastle United 1 - 2 Everton - 02/01/13 - post-match reaction from page 53

Dave

1-1 is about deserved, if slightly generous on us - no doubt that everton have been the better side.

i'd like us to switch it around and put cisse down the middle, only problem is that everton are such an aggressive, direct side that i can see our front line wilting without having Shola's physical presence. Our best moments have been when we've matched their aggression and pressed them back - props to anita, tiote, marveaux etc on that front. but aside from Obertan's sheer pace and Marveaux's quick passing we don't have appear to be opening them up in the same way that they are slicing through us each time they get it forward.

anyway whatever happens shola only has another 20 minutes in him at the best so we'll have to switch it around at some point.

Nobody criticising Krul? Ball went in near middle of the goal and he jumped to his left before the kick. Should never go in if he stays where he's supposed to be.

Don't be daft man it was Tiote's fault apparently.

Obertan has to take responsibility. Why turn away from a modern football? Gutless.

Think Baines should be called out for kicking the ball that hard.

:lol:

Krul can't be blamed, man. He didn;t see the ball until it came through the wall. He cant see the ball and he has to decide which way to start going. He chose wrong, that's all. Cant blame him for going to his left.

I think both our penalty shouts were fairly soft, but could easily have been given. Thought Obertan's was really 50-50 having seen the replay; Jagielka's arms are right across him.

Shola was going down anyway, i'd have been fuming if i were an Everton fan and it have been given.

Nobody criticising Krul? Ball went in near middle of the goal and he jumped to his left before the kick. Should never go in if he stays where he's supposed to be.

Don't be daft man it was Tiote's fault apparently.

Obertan has to take responsibility. Why turn away from a modern football? Gutless.

Think Baines should be called out for kicking the ball that hard.

:lol:

Krul can't be blamed, man. He didn;t see the ball until it came through the wall. He cant see the ball and he has to decide which way to start going. He chose wrong, that's all. Cant blame him for going to his left.

Aye i kna, i just want to make a big deal out of it cos i called it beforehand.

It doesn't matter if it's Neville's foot anyway, because he isn't control of the ball when he ploughs through the back of Shola - Shola positions his body to win the foul and put himself between the ball and Neville. Any other area of the pitch, it's a freekick. Insanely easy decision to make - the prick makes the wrong decision

Just me who thought Ameobi was decent? You're causing us problems every time the ball's in our box, especially in the air.

Shola is only judged on his mistakes, not on his overall contribution. I'm surprised you don't know that yet.

Well I think that's a pretty fair scoreline tbh, even if their goal wasn't.

In general play they've been well on top, while we sat on the early goal for far too long giving them time to find their feet and build confidence. The goal will give them another boost, we need to wake up soon.

Spot on :thup:

Shola for Ba, but basically we have the same performance. We look very nervous in possession and lack fluency through the midfield.

I've lost count of the number or times when we get a turnover, and end up passing the ball back to Krul after half a dozen nervous passes designed to keep rather than use possession.

Spot on, it's horrific. Don't know if it's through playing Pards style for so long but the majority don't seem to have the nounce to 'see' or play an early pass. Compounded by the poor movement ahead of them so often perhaps but I've seen ample opportunities for an early pass, maybe sky camera assisting me - sure I have a different view to the players but.. Cabs would have seen them.

Fellani is the difference for me like.. some height, power and forward drive in central mid. We don't have anything like him, I know its not high up anyones list but he is the type of player we need through the middle. From the links to Sissoko and Lallana an attacking midfielder is certainly on our list, I don't know where on the list it sits though.

Back to today, it doesn't help that Anita and Tiote both sit back as Tiote and Cabaye did all last year, we get easily bossed in midfield and offer them chance after chance to attack.

Theyve been much better than us, but still disappointed to not be winning. Decent goal by Baines, but we have to stop giving free kicks away. Frustrating.

I really don't get this at all like, it's been a good game that I thought we shaded personally, we certainly haven't been outclassed.

You need to watch that again. :lol: :lol:

Pata's bang on. Was extremely predictable what was going to happen, as good a strike as it was.

Hop to the left. Watch it go past your right. Happens time and again in this league. Given was criminal for it.

It was a stunning strike but there's no need for that hop to the left as if it's a curler from that far away he'll always get it, no need to predict. It's straight to his hands if he just stays on the right side of the goal.