Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

His technique for a professional footballer is atrocious.  Always looks like he's tripping over the ball, his first touch is heavy as f*** and he doesn't have any finesse whatsoever.  All that said, he's great fun to watch and he's still our biggest threat going forward.  He just plows through people or storms past them like they're not there.  A real brute when he has the ball.  He does bottle a lot of headers and challenges, though. 

I can't quite put my finger on why.  But he is held to higher standards than most of our team and he just doesn't seem that well liked for some reason?

He's atrocious in the air, yet scored a great header in the final home game last season :lol: the fucking enigma

Like Ben Arfa was he's judged in totally different parameters and to different expectations to his peers for seemingly no reason other than he has a bit of ambition and against the marker that he doesn't win games single handedly (like every single other player we have) every game.

As I have said Sissoko splits the opinion of fans right down the middle and I can understand why there is support but for me he just don't do it often enough and keeps making the most basic mistakes and his decision making is at times poor. He is the best option we have currently but that is more due to the poor transfer business of the club than anything else. If he consistently plays like he did yesterday (misses aside) then you won't get me arguing at all about him as a player but in three years of being here he hasn't.

I don't think that's poor decision making, just trying to get beyond the defender and create some space. It doesn't always come off so it can look clumsy, but the alternative would be turn around and pass sideways or backwards.

In that exchange with Wijmaldum which led to Sissoko bending the effort past the post, did you think his decision making was poor then? Most of our players wouldn't even have conceived that one two. It was sublime football between two of our best players by a country mile.

Prefer players paid by NUFC not to belittle the club every other week in the press, particular if their attitude on the pitch can be questionable at times. He's also judged on a different scale to some of the lesser players as we know what he has in his locker.

Disclaimer: He remains our best attacking outlet and should be a guaranteed starter.

I prefer my players to only dream of nothing but playing every single week for this club in the rain soaked pitches of the lowlights of a league cup match on a Tuesday night.

I used to do that at Wallsend Sports centre but for some reason that never led to me becoming an international superstar.

For me he has this lackadaisical Shola thing about him at times, especially when things are not going well on the pitch, that gives the perception that he doesn't give a fuck. Then he gives a monthly interview saying he wants to play somewhere else.

That's not how I see it but I think that's maybe how a lot see it with him even though he's an incredibly dangerous player for us, especially this season.

His technique for a professional footballer is atrocious.  Always looks like he's tripping over the ball, his first touch is heavy as f*** and he doesn't have any finesse whatsoever.  All that said, he's great fun to watch and he's still our biggest threat going forward.  He just plows through people or storms past them like they're not there.  A real brute when he has the ball.  He does bottle a lot of headers and challenges, though. 

I can't quite put my finger on why.  But he is held to higher standards than most of our team and he just doesn't seem that well liked for some reason?

He's atrocious in the air, yet scored a great header in the final home game last season :lol: the fucking enigma

Let's not forget that headed clearance

He's atrocious in the air, yet scored a great header in the final home game last season :lol: the f***ing enigma

Let's not forget that headed clearance

One of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen in football :lol:

Well he gave away the ball for the third so he's just as culpable really. Nothing sticks with him and it's incredibly hard to build any kind of play when Gini is invisible and everything bounces off him. It sucks.

He's seemingly untouchable for some reason even though he is woeful the majority of the time.

That's been the case for his whole time at NUFC.

I think he's broadly done ok this season but his lack of footballing intelligence hinders his ability to have any sustainable impact on our team.

Untouchable? :lol:

He probably gets more stick than any of the other players.

I mean from McClaren as in he can play as badly as he wants yet plays every minute of every game.

Fair enough, though I don't really think there's much else he can do.

I mean from McClaren as in he can play as badly as he wants yet plays every minute of every game.

He's got plenty of midfield options but he's got minimal balls to change it.

Just checked, and hadn't realised he hasn't scored a competitive goal this season!!

:undecided:

Just checked, and hadn't realised he hasn't scored a competitive goal this season!!

:undecided:

There's loads of ways to change the set up and not use Sissoko. It might give him the kick up the arse he needs for the Euros. He won't though.

He's got no testicles.