Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He's an athlete with virtually zero footballing intelligence and his stats back that up.

We could replace him for a tenth of his cost for someone equally as effective (statistically) imho.

This is bollocks. Even statistically, he was our most creative player last season in terms of chances created.

I'm very comfortable assessing his stats against other players in his position in shite-mid table teams last season to make the comparison.

He's basically, the complete opposite of Nobby Solano, in that he's huge, strong and garbage with his final ball.

Solano was a proper midfielder imho. He played the game with his head first, everything else followed.

This big dopy cunt just barges through people and fucks up his final ball/pass/shot/cross.

Last Season, Sissoko (1 goal and 7 assists) across an entire season.

He's an athlete with virtually zero footballing intelligence and his stats back that up.

We could replace him for a tenth of his cost for someone equally as effective (statistically) imho.

That's it for me. Just say for arguments sake we get £20m for him. I would expect Rafa to go out and sign a better replacement for half that.

You wouldn't even need £10m to replace him. So many players who are, in theory, worse deliver far more for their teams statiscally.

If you looked at Sissoko's contribution, without knowing the players name/nationality etc, you'd never see an international footballer.

I genuinely hope he leaves and feel the club will be far better off without him and his 'better than NUFC' attitude.

You can tell by the players Rafa has recruited that we're no longer selling NUFC as a stepping stone club.

In some respects we shouldn't expect anything more from this shithouse because him, and the likes of Cisse, Cabaye, Tiote etc were all sold the long term dream of using the club for their own gain.

It's no wonder we've been left with a squad full of heartless cunts who care only for themselves.

Rafa is very clearly going about introducing a new culture and I can't imagine there's much of a place for twats like Sissoko/Gini etc, whatever Benitez is saying publically.

I'm personally delighted to see these career vultures leave. Cisse, Sissoko, Tiote etc are all just Demba Ba's without the same PR Machines behind them.

NUFC will be a better place without them, a healthier environment where new players will appreciate the opportunity and, I would hope, view playing for NUFC as an honour. Something most of the shitehawks we will ship out clearly don't.

It all sounds so plausible, but not a lot of it really stands up under scrutiny.

He's lazy - he's not.

He wants to play in the CL - well most would, and he's been here for a few years now. It's not like he bailed out after 13 matches to fuck off to Palace.

Rafa is going to introduce a new culture - true, but he's given no indication that Sissoko is a problem player, if anything he seems very keen to keep him. If he wanted shot he'd have bombed him out for £3m and that would be that.

Get it through your skulls, if he leaves it will be at our price point and for a 26 yr old who just starred in the Euro final it won't be for peanuts. How old is £100 million rated Payet btw, considering he flopped in the same tournament?

Not sure which bit doesn't stand up to scrutiny? His contribution has been minimal since day one.

Do any of the new signings strike you as 'stepping stoners'? They don't look it to me.

The culture change will be clear after the summer but the departures board are almost all players with questionable application.

I've not said he's lazy tbh but his contribution has been largely very very poor.

As for the Champions League guff, he's been spouting it since the early days so it's not like it's new.

Your opinion that Payet flopped is an interesting one. Check out the respective stats. One player hit three goals and 2 assists over the 7 games. The other got 0 of each in 5 games. He barged passed a few players though, so that was canny.

He's all fart and no shit.

Barging your way down the wing, knocking people over in your way is one thing. An intelligent player would actually contribute in a meaningful way.

A HUGE proportion of his possession comes to nothing. Rafa will have seen this.

So then my did Rafa make him captain and is desperately looking to keep hold of him?

Probably to try to get a reaction out of him. He probably felt the need to motivate the bloke into some form of effort commitment.

Let's see how hard he tries to keep him should a good offer come in.

FWIW I don't have any problem with Sissoko or him wanting to leave at this point, good luck to him. He's a good player but I don't think he'll be particularly hard to replace or we'll really notice his absence. No doubt if he goes to a good team he'll look more effective.

This is bollocks. Even statistically, he was our most creative player last season in terms of chances created.

I'm very comfortable assessing his stats against other players in his position in s****-mid table teams last season to make the comparison.

He's basically, the complete opposite of Nobby Solano, in that he's huge, strong and garbage with his final ball.

Solano was a proper midfielder imho. He played the game with his head first, everything else followed.

This big dopy c*** just barges through people and f***s up his final ball/pass/shot/cross.

How does he stack up in chance creation against other wide players last season?

Also you guys do realise that bringing the ball up the pitch quickly is a pretty important thing for a midfielder to do?

Not important if you give it straight back.

:thup:

I don't think people doubt Sissoko's ability to carry the ball, when he wants to he's the best in the business at doing that. But I struggle to recall many excellent crosses, or piledrivers, or incisive passes when he gets into the final third. As has been said so many times on this board, he's an athlete - a damn impressive one too - but his footballing intelligence is really not that great.

Also you guys do realise that bringing the ball up the pitch quickly is a pretty important thing for a midfielder to do?

Not to mention track back and offer defensive cover, make yourself available to team mates, and just generally do the right thing with the ball with respect to your role in the team. That alone is worth a lot to managers, to offer pace on the counter and relatively good delivery is worth a lot more. Maybe in an ideal world we'd like to see Thauvin artistically float over a nice cross, or strike a good shot. If the opposition would just stand back and let him do his stuff I'm sure he'd look so classy in comparison.

In the real world managers like to see a player do the job they are asked to and worry about their delicate shins later.

I fucking hate that "chances created" stat.  It's one of the most useless stats I hear being thrown around IMO.

Sissoko played nigh on every minute of last season, and especially under McClaren, our tactics were to attack down right hand side through him and Janmaat, so if his "chances created" wouldn't have been the highest in our sorry excuse of a team, it would have been absolutely embarrassing.

Sissoko's poor delivery is part of the reason we got relegated, no matter how many of those are counted as a chance created.

I fucking hate that "chances created" stat.  It's one of the most useless stats I hear being thrown around IMO.

Sissoko played nigh on every minute of last season, and especially under McClaren, our tactics were to attack down right hand side through him and Janmaat, so if his "chances created" wouldn't have been the highest in our sorry excuse of a team, it would have been absolutely embarrassing.

Sissoko's poor delivery is part of the reason we got relegated, no matter how many of those are counted as a chance created.

:thup:

He's a fundamental reason we went down.

I f***ing hate that "chances created" stat.  It's one of the most useless stats I hear being thrown around IMO.

What's his stats on that compared to other wide players though?

Didn't we attack mostly down the right because we either had the invisible man at LM, that shit French lad or Perez at LM?

Moussa Sissoko's performances were one of the least reasons we were relegated. I stand by him being one of our better performers.

Uselessness down the spine of the side (beyond managerial and board room decisions) was the primary cause of relegation. Colo, Saylor, Mbemba, Shelvey, Colback, Anita, Perez, Cisse & Mitro all far more culpable for our relegation than Sissoko.

On the other hand, he created plenty of chances that weren't converted. This criticism that he has no football intelligence is also a strange one. He's quite often involved in clever one-twos or the flick round the defender which led to the shot on goal on Sunday. I just don't see it. He does go at defenses at full speed and sometimes lose the ball, but that's more to get beyond them rather than fuck about doing step-overs which allows the defence to get behind the ball.

I've never said he was a world beater, but I've always maintained he's far better than he's given credit for. Ultimately the transfer market will prove me right.

I f***ing hate that "chances created" stat.  It's one of the most useless stats I hear being thrown around IMO.

What's his stats on that compared to other wide players though?

Didn't we attack mostly down the right because we either had the invisible man at LM, that shit French lad or Perez at LM?

Moussa Sissoko's performances were one of the least reasons we were relegated. I stand by him being one of our better performers.

Uselessness down the spine of the side (beyond managerial and board room decisions) was the primary cause of relegation. Colo, Saylor, Mbemba, Shelvey, Colback, Anita, Perez, Cisse & Mitro all far more culpable for our relegation than Sissoko.

Why don't you google it instead of fucking asking every other cunt to do it for you?

You hear this argument thrown around a lot. Please explain why it's an useless statistic?

I mean it counts assists + key passes that lead to a shot on goal. Doesn't sound useless to me.

What you've said there just proves how important he was to our team. There was no one in the middle or left to even get as far as he did even if his end product needed improving.

On the other hand, he created plenty of chances that weren't converted. This criticism that he has no football intelligence is also a strange one. He's quite often involved in clever one-twos or the flick round the defender which led to the shot on goal on Sunday. I just don't see it. He does go at defenses at full speed and sometimes lose the ball, but that's more to get beyond them rather than fuck about doing step-overs which allows the defence to get behind the ball.

I've never said he was a world beater, but I've always maintained he's far better than he's given credit for. Ultimately the transfer market will prove me right.

You'd be mad not to recognise he's been a fundamental problem since day one because his contribution is so minimal.

I'd hardly say the transfer market is the best mechanism to demonstrate a players ability either. I prefer to judge based on what I've seen in the flesh and what the stats demonstrate his contribution to have been rather than seeing some TV money chucked at last minute in panic.

On the other hand, he created plenty of chances that weren't converted. This criticism that he has no football intelligence is also a strange one. He's quite often involved in clever one-twos or the flick round the defender which led to the shot on goal on Sunday. I just don't see it. He does go at defenses at full speed and sometimes lose the ball, but that's more to get beyond them rather than f*** about doing step-overs which allows the defence to get behind the ball.

Aye, fully agree. As a team we created enough chances to stay up imo. A lack of fire power is one of the primary footballing reasons we were relegated. Sissoko contributed to that because he rarely scores but he did create a good amount of chances that others wasted.

I'm very comfortable assessing his stats against other players in his position in shite-mid table teams last season to make the comparison.

This big dopy cunt just barges through people and fucks up his final ball/pass/shot/cross.

1 goal and 7 assists is 18% of the goals we scored last season. Not too shabby contribution if you ask me.

1 goal and 7 assists is 18% of the goals we scored last season. Not too shabby contribution if you ask me.

1 goal in 38 games :lol:.

1 assist every 5.5 games.

Considering he was given plenty of freedom and opportunity those figures are pretty shameful.

Previous seasons are no better either.

Can't find chance creation stats.

His 7 assists are only bettered by Barkley, Everton's RW & Hoolahan in the bottom half of the PL (8 each). 7 is the same number as Fabregas & Drinkwater. Higher than Lallana (6), Arnautovic (6), Mane (6), Willian, Mata,  Toure, Coutinho, Ramsey, Hazard.

He's a decent player with 1 very clear attribute. We went down because our defence was a joke, our striker was 21, and our midfield was non-existent.

Aye. He's a decent player and he played pretty decently for the whole season. He created chances when nobody else did. Many players more liable for our relegation than him.

You'd be mad not to recognise he's been a fundamental problem since day one because his contribution is so minimal.

I'd hardly say the transfer market is the best mechanism to demonstrate a players ability either. I prefer to judge based on what I've seen in the flesh and what the stats demonstrate his contribution to have been rather than seeing some TV money chucked at last minute in panic.

Good for you,  no reason for you not to be happy with your own opinion, I'm just pleased we have Rafa here to actually make the call. It will add at least £15m to our coffers.

Incidentally, the real criticism that could be levelled at Sissoko is that he doesn't score enough goals. That's a valid point (even if I'm making it myself on the critics behalf), but he still carries enough threat on the counter to be a valuable outlet.

Can't find chance creation stats.

His 7 assists are only bettered by Barkley, Everton's RW & Hoolahan in the bottom half of the PL (8 each). 7 is the same number as Fabregas & Drinkwater. Higher than Lallana (6), Arnautovic (6), Mane (6), Willian, Mata,  Toure, Coutinho, Ramsey, Hazard.

Redmond and Howson also scored more goals than him though. Ayew from Villa had more of each too and both were in worse teams than us.

Can't imagine Lallana etc played as many games as Sissoko and would imagine almost all in the bottom line of your post scored more than him too.

7 assists isn't bad all things considering tbh, my issue with him is he usually makes the wrong decision in the final third and to me for that reason he'll always be inconsistent player no matter who he plays for.

It's all relative. I actually think his decision making is quite good in the final third, it's his execution which is sometimes a let down by too much ambition, but I'd rather that than someone like Obertan who will race into open space then slow up and pass it backwards to the full back.