Massadio Haïdara

Optimistic Nut

Even if Massadio can carry on playing, it's unlikely he'll meet the undoubted potential he had. It is infuriating because we've had a talent taken away from us by a vile thug. Best of luck to him, I hope we see him on a football pitch again.

Even if Massadio can carry on playing, it's unlikely he'll meet the undoubted potential he had. It is infuriating because we've had a talent taken away from us by a vile thug. Best of luck to him, I hope we see him on a football pitch again.

Dunno about that like.

Guest TheGreatBeardo

To be fair, Tiote isn't that sort of player  :angel:

That's quite a different kind of challenge, to be fair. It's a nasty challenge and you can injure someone when you leave your foot in with your studs up like that. And Tiote can be a bit dirty, though he's nowhere near as bad as Cabaye. But it's not a challenge that could ever cause a career threatening injury like the tackle we saw today. Everybody who has ever played the game is capable of a bit of a naughty challenge like that at times, when you get frustrated, even if you "aren't that kind of player". I'm not buying that line when we are talking about a tackle like McManaman's though. You only make a tackle like that if you really are exactly that kind of player.

I'm still just feeling utterly sick over this. Couldn't give two s***s about the game and staggered that anyone can.

Utterly sick, utterly angry.

This. I didn't feel anything when they scored the winner.

suspecting a unhappy triad for the lad,

i mean, cruciate its 6-10 months just before he can reach the level he was at today...

unhappy triad its at least a year, guess we will know tomorrow  :(

Guest tollemache

Looking at it again, I just can't see it not being really major. With any luck McManaman will get a hefty ban, miss the final and get what's coming to him further down the line.

Maybe this a pure kneejerk, but I believe that bans imposed for "horror tackles" should depend on the length of time the player is injured for, what use is it to give a 3 match ban to a fringe player when the guy he injured is going to out for a year?

Someone on 606 made a good point about the six match ban given to Brighton's Ashley Barnes for tripping the ref - a ban has to be proportionate to the offence. You can't give Suarez an eight game ban for saying a word to someone, or Joey Barton ten games for basically being a dick to Tevez then give three for GBH.

We always hear from the continent about people getting banned for months for bad tackles but the FA always bottle it and they will this time too.

To be fair, Tiote isn't that sort of player  :angel:

Tiote was pulled by his shirt a split second before that so his timing went and he had been pushed aswell if I remember rightly. Yesterdays tackle was completely different the Wigan player had time and space to take him out.