Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

Ridiculously good.

Seriously, are other clubs scouts just really crap?  :lol:

Or, alongside the scouting we have a very efficient system in place with Pardew, Carr, Lambias and Charnley doing a decent job getting good players at the right price. Sometimes we miss out, other times we get players like we have done.

Give some credit to the club rather than say the other clubs are all s***, surely?

I give the club huge credit. Love what'c happening on the recruitment side. It's unreal.

I'm just amazed at how little competition we've had to fight off for most of these guys we got, who are really quality and very reasonably priced. It's astonishing to me.

Have to say, when names bandied about on the forum one minute as ideal but possibly unrealistic options, then end up playing for us, and without spending silly money... It is pretty magical. :D

Seems to be forming a solid partnership with Steven Taylor at the back but its only a matter of time before Taylor becomes injured and Williamson is back in the frame, lets hope the pace and intelligence of Mbiwa can cover some of Mike's shortcomings.

Feel much less worried about Coloccini leaving in the summer now, but we still need another CB in when he leaves.

Good centre backs make the ones they are playing with look better than they actually are.

He made Perch look class on thursday night and Taylor on Sunday, something Coloccini used to do too. Take Mbiwa or Colo out of those partnerships and the other centre halves will look average.

In short, if Mbiwa gets injured next year, we are fucked (assuming Colo goes, which he will).

under CH Bassong has looked like a proper CB again.

I'd really like him back in the summer. Him, Mbiwa & Taylor would be a good main three to have.

under CH Bassong has looked like a proper CB again.

I'd really like him back in the summer. Him, Mbiwa & Taylor would be a good main three to have.

Agreed. Seems like a decent bloke now he's grown up.

Good centre backs make the ones they are playing with look better than they actually are.

He made Perch look class on thursday night and Taylor on Sunday, something Coloccini used to do too. Take Mbiwa or Colo out of those partnerships and the other centre halves will look average.

In short, if Mbiwa gets injured next year, we are f***ed (assuming Colo goes, which he will).

History tells us it may be the other way round. colo was shite till he settled beside taylor, who was the better player at the start of the championship season and has been the equal defensivly of colo when fit. colo, however is much better with the ball when in possession.

In short, if Mbiwa gets injured next year, we are f***ed (assuming Colo goes, which he will).

Spot on. Same as Carvalho did at Chelsea

What, make John Terry look good?

Me too, one of those defenders who didn't need to tackle, just took the ball off the opponent (if that makes sense).

Think it was on The Football Ramble that I heard that Nesta made on average 1 tackle a game, or something like that, due to being so good at reading the game that he could just intercept and rarely had to actually go in and tackle the ball.

Me too, one of those defenders who didn't need to tackle, just took the ball off the opponent (if that makes sense).

Think it was on The Football Ramble that I heard that Nesta made on average 1 tackle a game, or something like that, due to being so good at reading the game that he could just intercept and rarely had to actually go in and tackle the ball.

Wasn't that Maldini?

Quite possibly, my memory's not the best.

Always thought at their respective peaks Carvalho was better.

Yet to see a player better at committing fouls on the sly and getting away with it in terms of being caught or the level of punishment received.