Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

Loved it when diarra was running through the middle with pace, Mapou waited and waited then just jumped in shielded the ball and passed it out. Something I've never seen from one of our defenders before but utter class.

That pass :scared: :lol: what was he thinking?

As everyone says apart from that he was brilliant, and I like the partnership between him and Taylor.  Never ever looks flustered at the back and always looks to win the ball cleanly staying on his feet.  Reminds me of prime Ledley King in that regard.

There was another time where he gave the ball away , when there was a clear pass on his blind side. They then were in on goal. It was clearly down to miscommunication at the back. Once he learns the language a bit better,

He's going to be fucking brilliant, actually he already is fucking brilliant.

With him and Taylor playing like this, we stop teams from winning headers in the box and they struggle to get in behind us because of Mapou's pace. The way he handled Eto'o last night was perfect.

Watched the last 5 mins of the match when I got home as the missus recorded it for me, was great to see Eto'o look so frustrated and thoroughly p*ssed off when the ref didn't let them kick off at the end :aww:

Guest icemanblue

Amazing that he can put in that level of performance while sat in an antique chair with a brandy and cigar on the go.

He's absolutely fantastic, someone got laughed at on here for saying he was already better than Colo, I think he is. The fact he's only 23 is frightening, he's so good at so many aspects of defending, and is excellent on the ball too. The sky's the limit with him, I hope he achieves that potential with us.

Guest palnese

He's absolutely fantastic, someone got laughed at on here for saying he was already better than Colo, I think he is. The fact he's only 23 is frightening, he's so good at so many aspects of defending, and is excellent on the ball too. The sky's the limit with him, I hope he achieves that potential with us.

Me :aww:

The sky's the limit with him, I hope he achieves that potential with us.

Think he will if we match his ambition, no reason why we can't with the players we have, especially if we keep up this level of recruitment.  Can't believe he plays for us, seemed a pipe dream when we were first linked :aww: (admittedly I didn't know much of him then but reading reviews etc and the teams he was linked with had me sure we would never get him)

Me :aww:

Aye, that's right, I couldn't believe the reactions. He does everything Colo does, in terms of reading the game, distribution and intercepting, but actually adds a good degree of physicality and athleticism too.

Suits Taylor down to the ground as well, one cool as you like character, one absolute mentalist.

The sky's the limit with him, I hope he achieves that potential with us.

Think he will if we match his ambition, no reason why we can't with the players we have, especially if we keep up this level of recruitment.  Can't believe he plays for us, seemed a pipe dream when we were first linked :aww: (admittedly I didn't know much of him then but reading reviews etc and the teams he was linked with had me sure we would never get him)

It will be difficult. He's got the ability to be the main centre back in a title-challenging/winning side, I'm not sure that's an ambition we can match in the next 5 years, even with our excellent recruitment.