Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

Guest bimpy474

He also hates giving youth a chance I can see Santon playing a couple of games at cb next season

Yet he bangs on about how great he is at it, another of his massive bullshits because he played a youngster or two at Southampton, their youth system was set up befoe the fuckhead even arrived there.

Williamson's a poor defender but he was our best CB by a distance last season. You don't drop him for Colo or MYM.

I suppose he was never terrible last season, but he was never really good either, very consistently average.  He's a safe choice, but I'd rather give someone else a chance, even if I'm unsure of them, just as long as they have the potential to be good.

That's fine, but the only player with that potential is MYM and he needs a leader with physical presence alongside him, not Fabricio fucking Coloccini.

Woeful if true, just utterly woeful. Also begs the question of why Ashley is sticking with Carr if he is backing Pardew in all this?

One of them is obviously 'wrong' in the fundamentals of what they're doing and how they perform their job.

Williamson's a poor defender but he was our best CB by a distance last season. You don't drop him for Colo or MYM.

I suppose he was never terrible last season, but he was never really good either, very consistently average.  He's a safe choice, but I'd rather give someone else a chance, even if I'm unsure of them, just as long as they have the potential to be good.

That's fine, but the only player with that potential is MYM and he needs a leader with physical presence alongside him, not Fabricio f***ing Coloccini.

Has Colo shagged your missus?

That's fine, but the only player with that potential is MYM and he needs a leader with physical presence alongside him, not Fabricio fucking Coloccini.

I think ideally he should have that kind of player next to him.  Just that with 15 games left after we were already safe I wouldn't have objected to putting Coloccini and Yanga-Mbiwa together for the rest of the season.  At worst you remove any doubt at all that they might be able to play well together.  At best they work something out and two players who can excel on their day become far better than any partnership including Williamson could ever be.

Of course the other option is to at least put Yanga-Mbiwa with Williamson if you're going to play him, and leave Coloccini out.  Which I'm sure would have been your choice, and also something I'd have been fine with.  Pardew went with the third option of course, which we all knew he would, the sickeningly conservative decision of a coward.

Sell our CB with the highest potential instead of giving him every chance to make the position his own, while depending on 2 other CBs on the wrong side of 30, of which one is a limited defender no matter how decent a season he had. Wenger would have binned off the older player and have his next CB for the next decade sorted out. Pardew is the anti-Wenger in every sense. And great decision to get rid of our only CB with real pace. Brilliant.

Hope the lad goes on to realise his potential somewhere else, become a 20m-rated defender or something. Would love it to have egg on those idiot's face and let them know how stupid they are.

Really p*ssed at this development. A youngish CB with pace, ability to read the game, one who led a minor team to the title, with the potential to improve even further, and we have seen glimpses of what he could do. All he needs are opportunities and time to adapt and we'd have a position and maybe the captaincy sorted for the next 10 years or so. And we have chosen to sell him.

Bonkers.

Sell our CB with the highest potential instead of giving him every chance to make the position his own, while depending on 2 other CBs on the wrong side of 30, of which one is a limited defender no matter how decent a season he had. Wenger would have binned off the older player and have his next CB for the next decade sorted out. Pardew is the anti-Wenger in every sense. And great decision to get rid of our only CB with real pace. Brilliant.

Hope the lad goes on to realise his potential somewhere else, become a 20m-rated defender or something. Would love it to have egg on those idiot's face and let them know how stupid they are.

So do I, though I'm not sure even that will make some idiots realise how inept Pardew is.  I mean this is the prick who deemed Tevez and Mascherano not good enough, look at what those two went on to do yet plenty still don't recognise what a cretin he is.

it doesnt make sense selling MYM for nuts and buying replacement for a larger amount of money.  It also doesn't make sense to have no replacement as this is an express route to relegation.  Whats happening there?

Absolute shambles.. but that is our club.. top to bottom. Could and should have been a fantastic purchase for this club and served us for years to come. Hasn't even been given a chance. Disgusting.

Bring on Tompkins or some other clogger Pardew thinks he can manage. Whats even more disgusting is the fact any actual manager could use the players already at this club to change our fortunes, instead the next manager will be left with a squad full of useless grafters and god knows how many points to catch up for survival.

It won't be long before we absolutely cement ourselves in lower midtable mediocrity, the way things are going.

First excuse for the coming season: players need time to gel, followed by players needing time to get used to the Northeast.

I'd love to know how Carr feels about all this. Not that buy I into this notion of his scouting being on a prophetic level like some, but Pardew's making him look really shite.

I'd love to know how Carr feels about all this. Not that buy I into this notion of his scouting being on a prophetic level like some, but Pardew's making him look really shite.

The mismanagement of MYM has been disgraceful from day one and he should have been introduced into the team carefully if Pardew thought he was not ready for this division ,shameful and totally predictable sadly  :tickedoff:

Guest Roger Kint

Shocker we're looking to move on the CB with the most technical ability of our 4

Surely at some stage we must realise that they level of coaching is at a L2 standard when even James fucking Chester looks better prepared than our defenders under Pardew? But no lets sell the fuckers for a big loss rather than coach them correctly. This club man :anguish:

it doesnt make sense selling MYM for nuts and buying replacement for a larger amount of money.  It also doesn't make sense to have no replacement as this is an express route to relegation.  Whats happening there?

Well apparently the big plan is not to buy a replacement, but promote Remi Streete to the squad. So don't hold your breath.