Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

I'm not sure MYM is great in the air. Colo isn't either. Saylor's comfortably the best in the air in the whole squad.

Aye i still think we need some tall, dominating bastard back there and with Mbiwa being pacey he doesn't necessarily have to be quick.

I don't think battering rams would be as much of a problem if we can push out which Mbiwa obviously allows us to do. Being good in the air obviously helps a lot like.

Maybe I'm just thinking in too simple-a terms there though.

Agreed but it wouldn't hurt to have someone who dominates at set pieces and crosses though.

I'm not sure MYM is great in the air. Colo isn't either. Saylor's comfortably the best in the air in the whole squad.

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/59305000/jpg/_59305358_williamson.jpg

Saw him play plenty last year, he has tremendous ability on the ball and has at times displayed that for us, but he seemed more confident in his earlier showings. He's probably just had a bit of a confidence shock at the pace and physicality of the game and is getting used to communicating in a new language, let's not forget this is his first move from a club and he's still young.

He has a lot of ability and I'm convinced that'll translate into consistency next season.

Just seemed yesterday and previous games, he unnecessarily gives away possesion. There was one time yesterday where he just hoofed it straight to their goalkeeper for some reason

Because we're constantly on the back foot imo. If the team is playing the poorly the defence is under more pressure than they should and end up looking a massive joke unless they're fit for that purpose.

Taylor is more of a defend in the box type so he's suited to it more, like Vidic, Terry et al.

Coloccini would be fucking useless at Stoke for example, they'd be better off sticking with Shawcross.

:clap:

You forget he's 23 at times - he's going to be unreal as he continues to develop in the PL and understand his game better.

That scowl he has on 100% of the time is priceless.

He's been impressive so far on the whole, but those saying he is better than Colo clearly jumped the gun.

The idea that Colo is third choice at the club is/was ludicrous.

Most certainly. Colo and Yanga-Mbiwa would be my preferred partnership due to how good both are on the ball as well as defensively. They showed it away at Metallist, that was the best display as a pairing from our central defenders this season.

his recovery pace is a huge asset.

Indeed not only for the team right now but if Colo goes in the summer like he's likely to do it will allow us to look at lots of different types of CBs knowing they wouldn't have to be speed merchants because we already have that.

To be fair he's done well considering he's come into a side playing poorful and lacking in confidence in the main. Not an easy adjustment to make to a new league, especially the pace of the prem and by enlarge I think he's been quality.

I'm not sure what to make of him. He seems to be good at getting back to make last ditch tackles, however is this just him recovering from his own mistakes that let a player/ball go past him?

He's been impressive so far on the whole, but those saying he is better than Colo clearly jumped the gun.

Most certainly. Colo and Yanga-Mbiwa would be my preferred partnership due to how good both are on the ball as well as defensively. They showed it away at Metallist, that was the best display as a pairing from our central defenders this season.

Concerned with us aerially with that. I know Mapou's fast but is he strong? Not sure about him in the air either. I know Colo's not the best in the air and he isn't the strongest. A cerebral defender at his best.

Concerned with us aerially with that. I know Mapou's fast but is he strong? Not sure about him in the air either. I know Colo's not the best in the air and he isn't the strongest. A cerebral defender at his best.

Yes he is strong.