Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

Had a shit game like many others.

Not worried the slightest about him though.

Same here. I thought Taylor was far worse tbh, got done for the first goal and could easily have conceded a penalty as well.

Good first 5-10 minutes then faded away and had a rough game against Graham ffs. What we know for certain is that he's not physical. Still need to get someone in like Douglas in the summer.

Not too worried about a couple of poor performances tbh, with him coming in midway through the season and in a partnership with a defender you don't speak the same language as is always going to be difficult, reckon he'll be fantastic next season once he's properly settled in.

Guest mavericknufc

He's been caught out a few times recently by being too tight and getting turned easily.  Thought Graham caused him lots of problems today, will need to up his game against Lukaku next week.

don't mind his wayward passing( obviously prefer is not to be so) but his first few games i was secure in that he just wouldn't get done. today though he was so jittery on the ball and defending.

Thought we had re-signed Bramble without anyone telling me yesterday. Absolutely woeful. Graham tore him a new arsehole.

Put things into perspective man.

Love how you cant even have a bit of a laugh on this forum anymore without people pulling you up on it! Obviously he is way better than Titus, but man was he terrible yesterday.

Where the hell were our fullbacks? For two of the goals, they were nowhere to be seen or easily played with. Not good enough.

We were chasing the game in the second half, hardly surprising if we left gaps at the back as we got more and more desperate.

My dad was in Lisbon when Benfica was over here and he doesn't support Newcastle or anyone except Santos for that matter, but he told me he was shocked at how bad Mbiwa was that day. I obviously told him it was this one performance only, until sunday. Been terrible for couple of matches now but I still think he'll turn out to be one of the best in the league. It's just very obvious now that he's Colo replacement and not a phsyical defender that we'll need to get in the summer.

Won't be the last foreigner to struggle to adapt to the PL. Just a shame we're already reliant on him totally. Same with all the new players.

He'll come good though, no doubt.

Never really understood why Colo and now Mbiwa always seem to get detailed to mark the big target men. It would have made more sense to me if Taylor was on Graham and Mbiwa stuck to Sessegnon.

Never really understood why Colo and now Mbiwa always seem to get detailed to mark the big target men. It would have made more sense to me if Taylor was on Graham and Mbiwa stuck to Sessegnon.

More that Colo / Mbiwa always play at left centre back and the manager will not change that. Other managers notice and set up their strikers accordingly, Pardew is seemingly not willing to do anything to counter such situations.

More that Colo / Mbiwa always play at left centre back and the manager will not change that. Other managers notice and set up their strikers accordingly, Pardew is seemingly not willing to do anything to counter such situations.

Why am I not surprised?  :lol:

You can't do anything about it if Graham decides to just wander off to Mbiwa and stick to him, that's what I was told to do when I played upfront; go and mark the smallest centre back when we don't have the ball.

In fairness, it was fairly clear that there was some sort of conversation between Taylor and Mbiwa (possibly at Pardew's instigation) that they should switch when it came to Graham.  They just didn't seem to follow up on it particularly well.

The way Graham turned Taylor in the box early on was such bad defending, both cb's weren't good enough yesterday. Like ElDiablo said it's easy for Graham to just stick to Mbiwa and if Taylor goes across with him also it opens up space.