Aston Villa vs Newcastle - 29/01/13 @ 7:45pm - Not on TV

Beren

I was referring more to them having a gossip roundup page (which I find a bit cringeworthy anyway tbh) when the gossip is almost exclusively about their manager being sacked. :lol:

Barely related, but it sprung to mind. I was playing in a Subbuteo tournament a few years ago (nerd); and the fella running it was just totally vacant. There'd been some issues with the organisation; and to boost publicity of the event (ie, get more people to come), he posted a photograph of his local newspaper running the headline "SUBBUTEO EVENT IN ABSOLUTE TURMOIL" all over the game's online community. Flawless logic.

Cool story brah, etc.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Any team news yet :lol: Never been this excited about seeing our starting 11 (as far as i can remember)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villa-vs-newcastle-team-1560693

Midfielder Moussa Sissoko is likely to start at Villa Park along with full-back Mathieu Debuchy for the Magpies

Not sure they'll let us play 19-11-13. Worth a go, I suppose.

This is how we should line up tomorrow night:

Krul

Debuchy  MYM  Colo  Santon

Sissoko  Cabaye    Anita

Gouffran                    Marveaux

Cisse

Subs:

Elliot

Saylor

Jonas

Haidara

Obertan

Perch

Shola

Can't wait to hammer those bastards, just a shame we can't play them on the last day of the season at their place to return the sentiments of 09.

Doesn't been this psyched about a game since the opener against Spurs! Feels f***ing awesome :aww:

I really hope this is how the team look at it - a new season.  The mindset has changed so much in 6 months. Last season we'd be expecting (not in a bad way) to win this (and so many others that we're now nervous for). Really think some belief could make a big difference.

Guest wallsendmags1990

Really looking forward to seeing the new lads play mostly sissoko, a think he will dominate most battles in midfield and by the look of him likes to get forward. Early goal and we will win comfortably. Im going 3-1.

They clearly know how bad we've been but willing to accept they're worse! We could break a few season hoodoos tomorrow. The concensus of opinion is even though its a first game in b&w for a few players, we've got the quality to top them. Nice to see a bit of jealousy around Sissoko and Cabaye, cementing the fact they're class!

Could be easy or it could be scrappy but they'll wear down one way or another and we should win.

I have to say I can't wait to see Sissoko play. Still can't believe we have him. A bit annoying Pardew haven't confirmed Yanga-Mbiwa starting though. I don't see any reasons Taylor should start ahead of him. Same goes for Gouffran really. We're in no position to "bedding" players in towards perfecting a cold, wet night at Stoke-performances. Perhaps my football pet hate number 1, and one of the coolest stories you'll hear tonight.