Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

It would seem churlish to not want Moyes over Pardew, but I'd be against the appointment him or anyone like him - a middle of the road kind of manager. He hasn't achieved anything outstanding in his career (other than landing the Man Utd job) and although yes he did well at Everton, Martinez is showing one can do even better with the right philosophy and methods. Moyes is Pardew but much better. Same kind of ideals though. Clean sheets, hard work, defensive shape, direct football, experience, predominantly English or British centric etc.

its rather too early to be saying Martinez is doing better than Moyes did.

Guest Howaythetoon

It would seem churlish to not want Moyes over Pardew, but I'd be against the appointment him or anyone like him - a middle of the road kind of manager. He hasn't achieved anything outstanding in his career (other than landing the Man Utd job) and although yes he did well at Everton, Martinez is showing one can do even better with the right philosophy and methods. Moyes is Pardew but much better. Same kind of ideals though. Clean sheets, hard work, defensive shape, direct football, experience, predominantly English or British centric etc.

Maybe so, but aesthetically they are on a different planet almost.

wouldn't agree, moyes team played some excellent stuff in his last few seasons.

Guest Howaythetoon

wouldn't agree, moyes team played some excellent stuff in his last few seasons.

Few Everton fans I know would argue that Moyes' football compared to Martinez' is like chalk and cheese...

I've decided I'll go on a one-man campaign to get Paco Jémez appointed NUFC manager.

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/9710/tb51.jpg

I'll join you on that campaign - from what I've read about him, he sounds awesome.

There are so many foreign managers out there who could breathe life into our squad and probably wouldn't need that much cash (either in terms of salary or transfer budget).

Jémez just has a fantastic philosophy and attitude. And he's got results with one of the smallest teams in La Liga. His enthusiasm is infectious, I just love how he goes to Bernabéu or Camp Nou and just goes "f*** this small team shit, I always plan to win". Most of the time he gets a rude awakening, but he's the only manager to have won the possession stat versus Barça since 2008.

Funny how a burly no nonsense centreback has gone on to become such an attack-minded manager.

Totally agree.

I'd take Moyes, he built Everton to that level and we are so fucked in many ways now I think we might require something like that. We'd go on some ride with Laudrup but I'd fear it would be very short-lived. Would happily give Ketsbaia a go just because he's class and loves the club.

Totally agree.

Same here and for all the same reasons. Moyes is a competent manager, but not one who would fire my imagination much.

I just want someone who is positive, comes across well and plays decent football. Agree with HTT about Moyes as well.

Although it's a less important point, i'd add professional to that list as well - you know, someone who doesn't alienate players, headbut and insult opposition staff on the touchline, continually deflect blame onto others and generally drag the club's name through the dirt.

I'd also like someone who can actually improve our players, both first teamers and members of the fringe squad, rather than making them worse.

I'm not a massive fan of Moyes I do at least think he'd bring those 2 things but then so would most top level managers.

Forgot about that article, Sid Lowe is always great when writing about our league.

At times of crisis, people spend money to see us play: we've got a responsibility to play nice football, otherwise what the hell are they spending their money for?

If, as well as being small, you're a coward, you're going to get a beating from all sides

:sadnod:

Forgot about that article, Sid Lowe is always great when writing about our league.

At times of crisis, people spend money to see us play: we've got a responsibility to play nice football, otherwise what the hell are they spending their money for?

If, as well as being small, you're a coward, you're going to get a beating from all sides

Those are two fantastic quotes. This sports thing is actually supposed to be entertainment, and it amazes me how many managers don't feel it is their responsibility to produce a side that is pleasing to watch. Bunch of cretins man. That second quote  in particular is great, and so apt. It basically summarizes Pardew perfectly. An absolute coward in every respect, even against sides much smaller than ours he's a coward. Bigging up Gillingham for goodness sake. Gillingham.

I like the fella already. Small time mentality at a club like Newcastle United, fuck off with that shit Alan Pardew and the Board.

Needs to be a continental manager or a british manager with experience on the continent IMO. Those with experience abroad as managers or even players prior to that will always have a more open mind and a broader spectrum of how football is played and organized from top to bottom.

It'll be Tony Adams now. Pleb.