Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

OPINION: If I was two foot taller and aged backwards, there's still a chance I could play for the Chicago Bulls.

Why even write this kind of shit? Imagine being a tree and being chopped down for some daft cunt to print this on you.

:lol: Brilliant.

Doesn't matter who we get. IF we did get a quality manager and did pretty well the club wouldn't try and kick on from there anyway. We're cursed.

It does matter though. Yes we won't properly have our club back until Ashley f***s off and as long as he's here he'll hold the club back from fulfilling its potential. But I'm dying to be able to properly celebrate a goal again, to want Newcastle to win. With a proper manager I think I could do that.

RadioEstadio ‏@Radioestadio  21m21 minutes ago

Paco Jémez, sobre una posible marcha a Inglaterra: "Me gustaría entrenar en la Premier pero no sé cuando"  #Radioestadio

s**** translation:

Paco Jémez, about a possible March to England: "I'd like to train in the premiere but I don't know when" #Radioestadio

Not sure we should wait till March mind.

He's accusing those ripping the piss out of his Klopp article as having no ambition.  :lol:

Should tweet him back and tell him the Chronicle have no ambition either by employing him as a journalist.

As ridiculous as Ryder's article is nice to see Rob Lee getting involved with "not even sure Mourhinho would do any better with these players". Nah definitely notmate, he's only one of the best managers in the world so you're probably right tbh.

Bitterly disappointed in Rob Lee.

Ryder is a mentalist but if we were ran properly (I know we aren't) and correctly then we should be trying to lure Klopp!

He said he wants to manage in England!

Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, Spurs and Everton - don't need a new manager

Man City aren't keen apparently

The Dippers might fancy a change

He'll probably end up at West Ham and we won't even try!

He'd be perfect to re-energise our support and get many people interested again but it won't happen under the fat wanker!

He's bit like Keegan IMO and he would be a perfect fit for a well-ran NUFC!

Don't know where this proof is he's some keegan type romantic because he was Dortmund tbh.

Personally if City was the best option and it probably will be, he wouldn't think twice about it. Not deluded enough to think otherwise.

Eh! City apparently are NOT interested as I said above! Do you think that I expect him to turn down Man City for us?! It's a bit early to be off your nut mind!

Why shouldn't the local rags be challenging the club to make an ambitious appointment?

Far prefer that to them sitting back and peddling the line that it's Carver or McClaren. The more pressure on the club to make a statement signing or lose even more support, the better as far as I can see.

Gan on Lee. :clap2: :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

The club have given a 'no comment' when asked about the Paco rumours according to Ryder.

What about Klopp? Surely he asked about him too?

Jémez is certainly a romantic. He just won't negotiate or compromise the style, no matter what, no matter where. He'll play the same against Almería than against Barça. He won't make defensive sub to protect a 1-0. He's often criticized for that, as big teams routinely rip Rayo a new arsehole; but I admire this kind of commitment, to come to the Camp Nou and say "f*** this 10-men behind ball bollocks, we can play as good as you". If you want your players to buy into an idea, you have to embody it. And he has the results to back up what he's doing.

There was this period during his second season at Rayo; they were rock-bottom, 8 points off 17th IIRC. Media were all "he should change his tactics, grind out some points". But he just wouldn't compromise; "We don't know how to play that way [defensively]" - he would say - "If we play like we believe we're going to lose the game, we will lose the game". Ultimately they clicked again and went on a run, leaving the team comfortably midtable.