Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

Ha, this guy. I wonder if he'll stay and be of any use. If he can reclaim something like the talent be showed in his first 12 months, he'd be an asset in the Championship.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to drag this up.

Just watched his finish off last night.Now i once saw a player in him and he came in and started well, succesive managers play him, Rafa too can see something.

Has Goofy got it in him to do a good job in the championship? Is this his level to shine, replacement for Gini?

Laugh..i know..but....

Ha, this guy. I wonder if he'll stay and be of any use. If he can reclaim something like the talent be showed in his first 12 months, he'd be an asset in the Championship.

Agree. If rather get rid of him due to wages of nothing else but I'm sure he'll score the off useful goal this year.

Not really convinced he was ever going to be prolific, but it did annoy me we never actually saw him play up front much considering he was brought here as a striker. It would have been nice to know one way or the other.

How old is Armstrong now? Can't imagine a better time to give him a chance TBH, once we're back in the PL it'll be even harder.

Guess if he can get a Championship loan as a guaranteed starter then maybe.

Aye we have to give him some sort of a chance this season IMO. We could put him out on loan but then if we get promoted it will just be the same scenario again next season

Gouffran didn't look interested yesterday.

He hasn't looked interested in a couple of years. He clearly doesn't want to be here so if there are no takers we should look at mutual termination of his contract. He's just wasting everyones time, his own included.

• 3 weeks later...

TBF to the guy he has been absolutely shafted by the club so far. OK wide forward coming in to be played as a second LB and a defensive central midfielder.

The fact Rafa hasn't ditched him must mean a little. He's not a world beater but he's tidy enough as long as he's not expected to tear defences apart.