The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

I would say that this has been one of the poorest quality seasons I can remember. I don't just mean us. The title race and relegation battle have been pretty clear cut in terms of the extremes of it, and the quality has been low. Man United are the most perfunctory team I've ever seen win a title. No flair, no real cleverness, just very efficient, effective and determined with excellent players, one outstanding player that scores shit-loads, and a reliable squad with a winning mentality woven through it. It's not just them either, Spurs and Arsenal, who are seen as the passing, attacking teams haven't been as good as the hype. The league has fallen way behind La Liga for the quality of football, and it's no real coincidence that it started when Ronaldo went to Real Madrid.

Having said that, I thought last season was definitely a vintage season. The way it ended was outstanding and there were some excellent games, loads of surprises, and a lot of excellent football. Sky didn't even have to hype it. It really was that good.

I would say that this has been one of the poorest quality seasons I can remember. I don't just mean us. The title race and relegation battle have been pretty clear cut in terms of the extremes of it, and the quality has been low. Man United are the most perfunctory team I've ever seen win a title. No flair, no real cleverness, just very efficient, effective and determined with excellent players, one outstanding player that scores s***-loads, and a reliable squad with a winning mentality woven through it. It's not just them either, Spurs and Arsenal, who are seen as the passing, attacking teams haven't been as good as the hype. The league has fallen way behind La Liga for the quality of football, and it's no real coincidence that it started when Ronaldo went to Real Madrid.

Having said that, I thought last season was definitely a vintage season. The way it ended was outstanding and there were some excellent games, loads of surprises, and a lot of excellent football. Sky didn't even have to hype it. It really was that good.

it's hard to say with the styles being so different (and being honest i dont think i've watched a la liga game this season that didn't have either barce or real madrid in it).

I know it's purely subjective but I look at the team that is running away with our league and see players like carrick, the current ryan giggs, welbeck, young, smalling and a few more and just thin k they are nowhere near players from previous man utd teams.

I would say that this has been one of the poorest quality seasons I can remember. I don't just mean us. The title race and relegation battle have been pretty clear cut in terms of the extremes of it, and the quality has been low. Man United are the most perfunctory team I've ever seen win a title. No flair, no real cleverness, just very efficient, effective and determined with excellent players, one outstanding player that scores shit-loads, and a reliable squad with a winning mentality woven through it. It's not just them either, Spurs and Arsenal, who are seen as the passing, attacking teams haven't been as good as the hype. The league has fallen way behind La Liga for the quality of football, and it's no real coincidence that it started when Ronaldo went to Real Madrid.

Pretty boring. I fully expect the title race (obviously), relegation spots, Champions League, and Europa League spots all decided before the last day of the season.

La Liga can't be put on a pedestal like that in my opinion. It was decided before Christmas. A lot of people are saying that we aren't that good of a side and it's that the EPL is poor, so are people forgetting that we were in complete control against Real Madrid a month ago? Everyone on here seen that game and knew that only for the sending off, it was likely that Madrid were going out.

It's true we are efficient and effective but to say we aren't a clever side is a bit silly as well. Plus saying RVp scores shit loads might have been true at the start of the season, but I think he maybe has one goal in his last twelve games.

I know it's purely subjective but I look at the team that is running away with our league and see players like carrick, the current ryan giggs, welbeck, young, smalling and a few more and just thin k they are nowhere near players from previous man utd teams.

Again incredibly harsh. Carrick has been superb for a few seasons now and is one of the first names on our team sheet. Smalling and Welbeck are still very young, but they've both been playing extremely well. Welbeck has fallen under the radar for a lot of people but he's been important in this title race. Also, in Europe he was the best player on the pitch against Madrid, which is no easy feat saying Cristiano Ronaldo was also on it.

Agree with Young. Total, utter shite.

I think most people agree Man Utd are a good side, just not one of the better champions we've seen. I don't this as just being a Premier League problem, most of bigger European leagues this year have been pretty boring in terms of the title race. It just hasn't been a great season all-around, but I do think there's a discussion to be had about the decreasing quality of England's best teams.

I think most people agree Man Utd are a good side, just not one of the better champions we've seen. I don't this as just being a Premier League problem, most of bigger European leagues this year have been pretty boring in terms of the title race. It just hasn't been a great season all-around, but I do think there's a discussion to be had about the decreasing quality of England's best teams.

I think the actual team quality around us is as good as it's been for a while. City, Chelsea, Spurs, Everton etc all have very strong teams on paper, but nobody has seemed to perform this season aside from us. Since it's not our fault that other teams lack consistency and a bit of stability in Chelsea's case, I think it's a bit harsh to say we're a poor Championship winner.

It's kind of psyching me out talking like we've won it though, especially after last season. I need to quit that.

I think the actual team quality around us is as good as it's been for a while. City, Chelsea, Spurs, Everton etc all have very strong teams on paper, but nobody has seemed to perform this season aside from us. Since it's not our fault that other teams lack consistency and a bit of stability in Chelsea's case, I think it's a bit harsh to say we're a poor Championship winner.

It's kind of psyching me out talking like we've won it though, especially after last season. I need to quit that.

I agree with this. If Man City and Chelsea had played to their true potential, Man Utd might have been sat in 3rd place tbh. It's a team game first and a squad game second, and this season Man Utd have excelled at both. Man City would sweep everything in sight if they play every game like they did last night. They haven't been even close to that this season.

I think Welbeck is class, no idea why some people don't rate him. Excellent player every time I've seen him.

Same. I do believe he might be frustrating on his bad day as he doesn't have any qualities that outshines the other, he's just an all around very good player.

I think Welbeck is class, no idea why some people don't rate him. Excellent player every time I've seen him.

Same. I do believe he might be frustrating on his bad day as he doesn't have any qualities that outshines the other, he's just an all around very good player.

I think when people have a go at him it mainly to do with his goals to game ratio, but his all round play is class, there were several moves last night that were made possible by him, I see him more as an attacking midfielder then a forward.