Wilfried Bony

Cort

Both mark and George Caulkin are saying our business is finished

I'm inclined to believe that, whether they are guessing or not. I think we'll go back for Aubemyang in the summer. This interest in Bony might have been leaked just to get St Etienne to accept earlier bid for Aubemyang in any case. That's another theory.

Guest Vinkent

After the small fees they've brought the other players in for, I can't see any way we'd spend this kind of money on a player for a long time tbh

After the small fees they've brought the other players in for, I can't see any way we'd spend this kind of money on a player for a long time tbh

We spent about £7m on MYM and offered £8.6m for Remy.

There probably loads of people saying that last summer when we signed Ba on a free transfer. Then BAM! We spent £9m on Cisse.

Gutted!!

Vitesse is nothing known about interest from Newcastle

By STEF Swagers __ Photo: ORANGE PICTURES __ published on 27 January '13 10:10 p.m.

Ted van Leeuwen says no bid was received from Newcastle United. Wilfried Bony would be in the interest of the English club. According to  The Sunday Telegraph has an offer of fourteen million to the Ivorian released.

"To our knowledge, nothing happened," admits technical director Ted van Leeuwen opposite Broadcasting Gelderland . "Whether it be outside the club deal. I have in any event no fax seen."

Sprint hopes himself at all events to attract players. "It's very difficult. The market is tight and there are really top prices asked. As I hear colleagues complain about."

According to the club director is a matter of waiting for the domino effect '. "On the other hand, we Vitesse also bound to a certain budget. We can not in a hurry to buy. "

http://www.elfvoetbal.nl/nieuws/244755_bij-vitesse-is-niets-bekend-over-interesse-van-newcastle

Guest WashyGeordie

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2269008/Wilfried-Bony-set-join-Newcastle-United-12m.html

Newcastle United could be set to sign a sixth player in the January transfer window after entering talks with Vitesse Arnhem for £12m-rated striker Wilfried Bony.

The 24-year-old is currently playing for the Ivory Coast at the Africa Cup of Nations, so the north-east side face a race against time to complete the signing before the window closes on Thursday.

According to the Sunday Telegraph, the Dutch club are willing to let Bony leave if the terms are right despite him currently topping the Eredivisie scoring charts with 16 goals in 18 matches.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2269008/Wilfried-Bony-set-join-Newcastle-United-12m.html

Newcastle United could be set to sign a sixth player in the January transfer window after entering talks with Vitesse Arnhem for £12m-rated striker Wilfried Bony.

The 24-year-old is currently playing for the Ivory Coast at the Africa Cup of Nations, so the north-east side face a race against time to complete the signing before the window closes on Thursday.

According to the Sunday Telegraph, the Dutch club are willing to let Bony leave if the terms are right despite him currently topping the Eredivisie scoring charts with 16 goals in 18 matches.

:serious:

:lol:

Guest Brazilianbob

If its true we offered e10m for Aubameyang was it before or after we bought Gouffran.  If it was after Gouffran then I would suggest there may be some truth in the rumours that we have registered a bid/interest in Bony perhaps as some have said, to give St Etienne a little reminder that they may get less for Aubamyang in the summer if we switch targets and dont come back in for him then.