Newcastle United 1 - 0 Fulham FC - FT - Post match relief from page 45! :D

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

Best goal celebration I've had at St James' for a while, almost ended up in the row in front :lol:

Fair play they kept going right til the end........

One thing I noticed was how much of a difference HBA would make to our play with Sissoko in the side and Marveaux too to be fair. There were times in the 1st half where Sissoko had some good runs down the right but ended up running at 2/3 players. Having HBA on the right would really open things up massively space wise. To be fair though atleast Marveaux now is starting to look like a proper player with his ability to run at players and put in passes.

Was in the car when the winner went in.  I was listening on the radio through TuneIn app on my iPhone.  My girlfriend was totally dumbfounded when I was celebrating like a mad man.  Luckily we were in a parking lot eating lunch.

Only saw up until 70 minutes because I was going to a wedding. Thought we did well without creating as many clear-cut chances as we would like. Saying that, we could have put them out of sight with slightly better finishing/decision making, so that's encouraging.

I didn't see the Krul saves or the winner, but well done lads. Such a vital, vital win.

Krul's save is the reason why he had to come straight back in for Elliot. Rob did a great job but that's 0-1 with him in nets, and most other keepers in the world tbh.

Thanks for the efforts Rob, and am glad to have you here doing an unthankful job on the bench for most of the season but by fuck am glad Timmy is back and looking sharp.

I jumped up and celebrated so vigorously that I thought I was going to faint....  the noise in the ground faded out and I felt my eyes rolling backwards, I just grabbed the people either side of me until I could stand on my own.  Scarey!!!!

Think I might have perferated my ear drum though, the whole right hand side of my face feels like it has been booted.

Totally worth it though!

What was the scuffle all about in the front of the Leazes just as the second half started?  Saw someone being taken out by the stewards after some sort of fight kicked off.....

I hate writing styles like that from sports journos, it's utterly pretentious.

I know what you mean but I think he's just got a bit carried away in the atmosphere himself, which is kind of nice to see.

The goal was a truly amazing moment and was celebrated more robustly than any in a long time. His report paints an excellent picture of that moment.

I hate writing styles like that from sports journos, it's utterly pretentious.

I know what you mean but I think he's just got a bit carried away in the atmosphere himself, which is kind of nice to see.

:thup: I love it :lol:

Sums up what it's all about.

Unusually poetic report from Martin Hardy in the Independent:

When the moment came, when drama engulfed a region, Alan Pardew ran. An explosion of energy took place in the body of Newcastle’s manager as Papiss Cissé, three minutes into injury time, weaved late magic, and meant he had to move, quickly. So he ran. He ran with the wild abandon of a happy child, arms outstretched, screaming in relief, over an advertising hoarding and into the arms of supporters who were  delirious. Not happy, delirious. He was engulfed, and he did not move.

Further down the line, in a corner of St James’ Park, Cissé also ran, jumped a barrier and hugged a man, and then another man, and then more men. Moussa Sissoko, from Le Blanc-Mesnil on the outskirts of Paris, raced to join him, as did Adam Campbell, from North Shields. Sylvain Marveaux lay prone in the penalty area with cramp. Yohan Cabaye limped to join the celebrations that were everywhere you looked after whacking his foot in a tackle. In the stands, energy crackled like lightning, a roar from the well of the stomachs of 51,000 Geordies, creating a cacophony of noise.

This is what relief looks and sounds like. Chaos reigned around the Newcastle dugout. Clenched fists. Roars. Hugs that squeeze the life out of you. High fives. Kisses. Probably. That was from the staff. Pardew was dragged from the crowd by a steward, like a molested rock star, tucking his shirt into his pants. Two more stewards were ushering Sissoko, Campbell and Cissé back from the hearts of supporters. Cissé stopped when he made the pitch and looked to the stands in wonderment, at what, who knows? His goal, which was excellent? The fact it was the third home game running he has won in injury time? Or at the ferocity of the reaction?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/newcastle-1-fulham-0-match-report-papiss-cisss-late-goal-sends-pardew-into-delirium-8563447.html

Must be one of the few, but I actually like that. :thup:

Cissé stopped when he made the pitch and looked to the stands in wonderment, at what, who knows? His goal, which was excellent? The fact it was the third home game running he has won in injury time? Or at the ferocity of the reaction?

Any footage/pics of this bit at all?

Over the moon with the 3 points. Couldn't believe it took us so long to score. That being said, i thought Fulham looked like they were going to score too. We're pretty bad when we lose the ball unexpectantly, from any where on the pitch. That transition, from looking to build an attack to having to defend, we don't do that well. Still, i thought the game looked like a 2-1 to us but happy we managed to keep a clean sheet and Cisse finally managed to nick one. Was surprised at how much time and space Fulham gave us. Still, Berbs isn't the sort to go closing down the backline incessantly.

Have to give huge credit to all the players, who having only returned from Lisbon on Friday and had a short preperation time for yesterday, were running on empty at the end but managed to give every last ounce of energy for the cause.

Have to give huge credit to all the players, who having only returned from Lisbon on Friday and had a short preperation time for yesterday, were running on empty at the end but managed to give every last ounce of energy for the cause.

:thup:

Finally saw lengthy-ish highlights of yesterday's game. Looked like we had the better chances. I'd like for Cisse not to require so many opportunities quite frankly, but can't knock his determination/desire to get involved and on the end of things. We look awful at defending set pieces still. Marv looks dynamite. James Gutierrez continues to impress after his rebirth. Massive three points. Very relieved.