Newcastle United 0 - 3 sunderland - Post-match reaction from p58

Nobody

Total embarrassment of a day, from start to finish. Selection of Gutierrez at left-back was lunacy and cowardice - classic case of a fear-driven manager's arse finally dropping. How Jonas is even near the first XI after the season he's had is a joke.

Bringing Shola on to herald hoofball from half-time was another panic move.

No hiding place for Pardew now. For us to be still embroiled in a dogfight post-January signings and with most of our "better" players fit HAS to be held against him.

He's clearly getting no insightful input from the men around him. But again, who's fault's that?

Christ knows whether we stick or twist right now...

Guest bimpy474

Average age about 14/15 there at the front of that pic :(

Rather hoping some Mum and Dad's see that, and go mental at them. Probably not otherwise they wouldn't have been there doing that in the first place.

Fkn chav scum look at the fkn age of the little c***s

http://i3.chroniclelive.co.uk/incoming/article2595732.ece/ALTERNATES/s2197/SOCCER_RIOTS_NEWCASTLE_35-2595732.jpg

Bloke on the front row in the light blue shirt thinks he's in West Side Story FFS.

One thing that's always baffled me about the derbies, do Northumbria Police know there is a metro station right next to the ground? Shall we take them 100 yards, bang them on a metro and let them fuck off or march them through the middle of the city centre. Seems a strange option.

Pardew would definitely take route 1 to the metro, should ask his advice.

Metros from there don't go to sunderland though, not without an hour round trip first anyway.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

One thing that's always baffled me about the derbies, do Northumbria Police know there is a metro station right next to the ground? Shall we take them 100 yards, bang them on a metro and let them fuck off or march them through the middle of the city centre. Seems a strange option.

Metros from there don't go to sunderland though, not without an hour round trip first anyway.

Perfect.

Those horse helmets are awesome.

Fuckin Mike! :lol:

If I was him id have run away from this club years ago. Fair play to him like he's a sound lad.

The only thing Mike runs away from is justice and armored horses.

One thing that's always baffled me about the derbies, do Northumbria Police know there is a metro station right next to the ground? Shall we take them 100 yards, bang them on a metro and let them f*** off or march them through the middle of the city centre. Seems a strange option.

Fair enough. It goes to central though doesn't it? Surely could arrange something.

Nah, goes through Monument then straight out to the coast.

I’ve always said it’s important whenever things don’t go your way to get perspective.

After the events of this afternoon though, that is proving more difficult than ever. In the interest of balance, I’m going to have a go.

The defeat to the mackems came quickly on the back of a hard-fought and valiant attempt to get to the Europa league semi-finals. This was a calculated gamble and the impact it may have had on some players, versus sunderland’s week of rest, would have surely been worth it if a trip to Amsterdam was still in the offing.

Secondly, Cisse’s now mandatory disallowed goal seems to have been wrongly flagged offside by the incompetent wazzick cheating from the safety of the linesman’s shirt. 1-1 at this point would surely have seen the game take a different direction.

Having said that, I would urge you to totally disregard the above.

United have lost a derby, at home, by a heavy margin. In the process of this we have been sucked back into the relegation shake up, failed to score against the mackems for the first time in premier league history and lost by more than one goal for the first time in 23 years.

This was all achieved by a failure to compete across the park, some abysmal defending and a shocking lack of recognition for the fact that the game was being played sunderland’s way and this needed to be prevented by getting the ball on the deck.

As I’ve said above, there’s nothing worse than knee-jerk reactions and I hope people can at least acknowledge that we all need to pull for the team to get the results needed to stay up from the remaining games. However, I recently heard something that concerns me for the future beyond that.

I have it from a first hand account, that a local journalist recently asked Alan Pardew about the record of failing to score from a corner for an unacceptable tally of PL matches. Pardew’s response of “Yeah, thanks for reminding me mate!” does not instil me with confidence that our manager has a desire to work on the shortcomings. In fact, this suggests an approach of “don’t mention that; it’s not working so we don’t talk about it. Where’s the easy questions? Come on, praise me for buying Sissoko!”

I would hope that Alan Pardew is given a chance to improve on this side and return to the successes of last season. I would hope more so though, that in his mind he acknowledges the recent failures, instead of resting on the laurels of 2011-12 and hiding behind the now expired excuse of Europa League exhaustion.

Losing horribly to sunderland at home is as black a mark as a manager gets round here, and this should act as an incentive for all involved in this aberration to commit to repaying some of this debt. Addressing the fact that we surrender possession and position from our own set plays should be high up that list from a coaching perspective.

From the point of view of ourselves, the fans, I would hope that humility can be exercised. The mackems are clearly reinvigorated under Di Canio and showed a desire that was sadly lacking from a stand-offish Newcastle side. The decent thing is to give them their due and embark on another undefeated decade against them.

There will, as always, be another time.

Finally summoned the guts to post here tonight.

I’m still not convinced today actually happened because even my worst nightmares didn’t go this far. As fans, the derby means a lot to us and we assume the players feel the same. Ours don’t, they made that clear today and I’ll find it VERY hard to forgive most of them.

One of the worst performances I’ve ever seen – it was a pathetic attempt at one - and I think only Debuchy & Ben Arfa escape this game with any credit. I never want to see Jonas Gutierrez play for us again, the first two goals were directly his fault, he’s embarrassing. Yes, our players were tired, but they didn’t give a monkeys today. It’s fine having these technical French players but we need Bartons and Nolans for days like this – people that have passion, desire and heart. I just feel really silly for calling these heroes on Thursday.

As for the match, 3-0 was harsh but we deserved to lose. Our attacks are so predictable, we’re easy to suss out. There’s no movement and it’s all so routine. We were repeatedly caught on the counter attack and made Paolo Di Canio look like a genius. I’d love to think this was the match that finally turned the masses against Pardew but I’ll not hold my breath. Howard Webb and his team were awful, absolutely awful. Not saying we deserved a draw, but if they gave that goal it’s a totally different game.

Where do we go from here? I have no idea where the 2 or 3 points we need will come from. Play anything like today and we’re gonners. Pardew must go in the summer, Jonas/Tiote/Shola need to be replaced with boreholes and the new manager needs to buy some battlers that don’t hide. Today was an eye-opener for sure, our players and manager let everyone down.

The behaviour from both sets of fans has been disgraceful too. Giving us all a bad name. I’m absolutely furious and crushed tonight.

tl;dr

I have it from a first hand account, that a local journalist recently asked Alan Pardew about the record of failing to score from a corner for an unacceptable tally of PL matches. Pardew’s response of “Yeah, thanks for reminding me mate!”

That was from an NUFCTV press conference a few months ago. Proper ITK.