Alan Pardew

Mike

let me clarify for those of you incapable of understanding (or deliberately being arseholes), in the comparison to the 5th season i was referring to the fact we got a lot of results in games where we were the second best team for major parts and nicked a goal through having a top quality striker, we rarely dominated teams home or away, we deliberately sat back on leads and rode our luck on many occasions, we had trouble breaking down teams who came to SJP and parked the bus

we're a better attacking force now, play nicer football, but many of the same failings are there i'm afraid

like everyone else, i'd be ecstatic if we finished 5th

I literally don't think it's possible to finish 5th unless you're doing a lot of things right. We didn't dominate a lot of teams, but if you dominate a lot of teams and do everything else we did you finish higher than 5th anyway.

ian, we know this, which is why at the time people were saying that basing a gameplan on 9 players rigidly defending and firing long balls to ba to fight for was not sustainable...turns out it was not sustainable, who'd have thunk it?

the point is you develop right?  we've done that to a degree, we can play good football and hurt teams, yet pardew deliberately stops us from doing this when we go in front

I literally don't think it's possible to finish 5th unless you're doing a lot of things right. We didn't dominate a lot of teams, but if you dominate a lot of teams and do everything else we did you finish higher than 5th anyway.

ian, we know this, which is why at the time people were saying that basing a gameplan on 9 players rigidly defending and firing long balls to ba to fight for was not sustainable...turns out it was not sustainable, who'd have thunk it?

the point is you develop right?  we've done that to a degree, we can play good football and hurt teams, yet pardew deliberately stops us from doing this when we go in front

I don't really believe this, but we'll have to agree to disagree I think.

I think 7th is the best we can realistically hope for with a sneaking possibility of 6th if Spurs go totally off the rails. Either would be good achievements which no one could knock, but we could just as easily end up 13th yet, there's a long way to go and we'll find out a lot more about this team by January.

I think 7th is the best we can realistically hope for with a sneaking possibility of 6th if Spurs go totally off the rails. Either would be good achievements which no one could knock, but we could just as easily end up 13th 18th yet, there's a long way to go and we'll find out a lot more about this team by January.

FYP.

We've had a decent start, but there's plenty of time left to fall into a death spiral.

KI, you are - and I mean this absolutely sincerely - a collossal bellend. You've got such a nerve to take an extreme attitude against personality quirks that you yourself are guilty of, more than most. You are a genuinely unlikeable person. :thup:

If he's a bellend you're the cheese.  Never known such an attention whore.

I think 7th is the best we can realistically hope for with a sneaking possibility of 6th if Spurs go totally off the rails. Either would be good achievements which no one could knock, but we could just as easily end up 13th 18th yet, there's a long way to go and we'll find out a lot more about this team by January.

FYP.

We've had a decent start, but there's plenty of time left to fall into a death spiral.

A long term injury to Remy for example would put us right in the shitter.

KI, you are - and I mean this absolutely sincerely - a collossal bellend. You've got such a nerve to take an extreme attitude against personality quirks that you yourself are guilty of, more than most. You are a genuinely unlikeable person. :thup:

If he's a bellend you're the cheese.  Never known such an attention whore.

:lol: I'm going to use that line at some point this week, class

We want to be careful we don't keep winning like. We might end up in the ghastly Europe thing again. Logistical nightmare for Pards that stuff.

Need to update your avatar to Williamson or Ameobi, fella. :thup:

A draw?

Anyway it's not about us being lucky or Norwich being unlucky, it's just that the way we approach games when ahead relies on a lot of luck, or to put it a different way, on the opposition not playing well and/or not taking their chances. In a sense, when we sit back and allow the opposition to use the ball against us, we're lucky if they completely fail to make the most of it and take their chances, it's not like we're shutting teams out when we do this, Italian style.

I don't think we are that bad against Norwich. I do agree we have chance to concede another goal but that is due to personnel error (Colo) rather than system failure. In the end we have performed well enough throughout the whole match to get the 3 points. Yes we definitely can do better but we deserved all 3 points.  I wont count that as luck. Similar to Chelsea, we performed well enough to contain their threat and they only got one clear cut chance which didn't materialize due to poor finishing. Given our effort I don't count that as a luck win either, even Jose admitted that we deserved all 3.

The only luck I agree is the spurs one. We should lose that one given our display and number of chances given to our opponent.  But that's it. To claim that all 3 matches are lucky is huge disgrace towards the players, nevermind the manager.

Although I am a supporter of Pardew I do doubt him frequently, but then I look at our results, our league position,  the excuses (some valid,  some not so valid), the boardroom, and I think of Kylie and what she once said.