Alan Pardew

Mike

Anyone seriously worried about relegation? We almost got relegated last season, let go of some squad cover, added ZERO players, except for Remy on loan. I don't see how this season can magically improve with the team we currently have. Or the manager and set up we currently have. Fuck's sake. Just when you thought MA couldn't get any worse, we get this transfer window.

Yes, anyone that isn't is a fool, tbh.

Guest neesy111

We're going down with this squad and management, no doubt about it for me.

Same.

I can't see them digging in when the club needs it.

We're going down with this squad and management, no doubt about it for me.

Don't think we will, mainly because the teams that have come up are even worse than the ones who went down.

we escaped last year due to QPR and Wigan simply being worse than us, generally doesn't happen too often that like

I'm stil convinced that likes of Crystal Palace, Hull and Cardiff have so awful sides, that with these players, we are destined not to be relegated - not because we're good, but because we are just not that bad. Premiership should be 18 teams.

It's interesting watching decent players arrive and then over a period of time go straight downhill....All have one things in common.

Sissokho is the starkest contrast...that debut game when he 'rapes' (PardewTM) Ashley Cole and looks as if he's been given the opportunity to show what he can do. Few months on and he's another in the long list of static drones that'll get brought off if he shows too an advanced tendency (a la Gouffran).

It's interesting watching decent players arrive and then over a period of time go straight downhill....All have one things in common.

Sissokho is the starkest contrast...that debut game when he 'rapes' (PardewTM) Ashley Cole and looks as if he's been given the opportunity to show what he can do. Few months on and he's another in the long list of static drones that'll get brought off if he shows too an advanced tendency (a la Gouffran).

It's like he sucks the joy of football out of them. Pardew the football vampire.

Guest chopey

Pardew has to go, he has lost his appetite for the game and is just going through the motions. We have some great players but need someone to motivate them, if Pardew is still in charge come November we will be relagated

Pardew has certainly lost the dressing room and in that respect even JFK would be an improvement. Although I'm not sure if he wouldn't be any respect.

This was clear to see at 0-3 and 0-6 imo. What was particularly alarming last night wasn't the performance, we knew what that would be like, but the displays of petulance in the first half. Cisse, Yanga-Mbiwa, Sissoko, Debuchy and Taylor were all at it. We're one game into the new season and we've got a seriously disgruntled group of players. I'm worried.

Pardew has certainly lost the dressing room and in that respect even JFK would be an improvement. Although I'm not sure if he wouldn't be any respect.

This was clear to see at 0-3 and 0-6 imo. What was particularly alarming last night wasn't the performance, we knew what that would be like, but the displays of petulance in the first half. Cisse, Yanga-Mbiwa, Sissoko, Debuchy and Taylor were all at it. We're one game into the new season and we've got a seriously disgruntled group of players. I'm worried.

This :thup:

They know we're going nowhere with him in charge.

How long would arsehole have the dressing room for though. Last time he was here two players forced their way our in January and the Liverpool home game was as bad as last night. I can't see a way forward while Ashley is here. Poyet is probably our only hope. Not because he's a great manager or anything, but because he's better than what we have. So depressing.

How long would arsehole have the dressing room for though. Last time he was here two players forced their way our in January and the Liverpool home game was as bad as last night. I can't see a way forward while Ashley is here. Poyet is probably our only hope. Not because he's a great manager or anything, but because he's better than what we have. So depressing.

I don't think he'd be the new manager anyhow.

Yep.

As galling as it was to tolerate the spineless farrago that counted for our "performance" last night, It was Partridges patronising dribble that I found the most insulting. When you`ve seen something first hand, analysed it & concluded from the evidence you`ve been presented with, to be offered a version, totally at odds to what your eyes have seen as an excuse for his shortcoming's, well, its the language of Cameron, Hague, Milliband & countless other political cocks that feel we deserve no more than utter contempt.

He clearly feels we deserve no more than that.

I have given up what little sympathy I had for his position now & just wish he would walk.

Wasn't the plan to write this one off and start our season next week?

It was the gutless manner of the performance . Sooner or later the manager must be culpable for these horrendous performances that are becoming far too regular. The tossers above him and also the players are also responsible but obviously the buck stops with the manager.

Wasn't the plan to write this one off and start our season next week?

It was the gutless manner of the performance . Sooner or later the manager must be culpable for these horrendous performances that are becoming far too regular. The tossers above him and also the players are also responsible but obviously the buck stops with the manager.

Aye. Always expected us to lose, but not to look on par with (or maybe worse) than we did over the spring. That's the exact same team, with the exact same mentality and belief that lost to the mackems and 6-0 to Liverpool. Nothing has changed.

We can't attack, we can't defend, we can't move, we can't score, we can't fight. We're heading one way.

I agree with his comment that we looked OK before the sending off but threatening the goal was a load of bullshit. I thought it looked like the same old, we have some comfortable footballers in possession and therefore had some nice interchanges but we lack balance and cutting edge in the final 3rd.