Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30079550

Republic of Ireland assistant boss Roy Keane believes manager Martin O'Neill should hold talks with Everton to discuss the fitness of James McCarthy and Seamus Coleman.

McCarthy has missed the Republic's last three Euro 2016 qualifiers and Coleman sat out last month's game in Germany.

But both played for Everton four days after the Germany match.

"You always get the impression from Everton that Seamus and James are both barely able to walk," said Keane, 43.

"So when they actually turn up and they are walking through the reception, you think 'Praise the Lord, it's a miracle'," he added

:lol:

:lol: I can't make my mind up, when he goes off into a ridiculously self righteous rant it can be incredibly grating but he definitely brings a lot of comedy value.

Crooks and Lawro are fantastic for their sometimes-not-intentional comedic value. Well, it's actually quite regularly unintentional really.

Republic of Ireland assistant boss Roy Keane believes manager Martin O'Neill should hold talks with Everton to discuss the fitness of James McCarthy and Seamus Coleman.

McCarthy has missed the Republic's last three Euro 2016 qualifiers and Coleman sat out last month's game in Germany.

"You always get the impression from Everton that Seamus and James are both barely able to walk," said Keane, 43.

"So when they actually turn up and they are walking through the reception, you think 'Praise the Lord, it's a miracle'," he added

I don't like Keane but I think he's spot on here. McCarthy has missed the Ireland games this season and has played in virtually every game for Everton. Of course this is probably more to do with McCarthy's lack of commitment than Everton though

I don't like Keane but I think he's spot on here. McCarthy has missed the Ireland games this season and has played in virtually every game for Everton. Of course this is probably more to do with McCarthy's lack of commitment than Everton though

Probably because he is Scottish!

Why? What's better about the Bundesliga than can feasibly be replicated? We've got a more lucrative league of far better footballing quality.

TV money could easily be used to subsidise tickets prices a lot at little cost to the 'quality' of the league especially at the 'lucrative' top end so you'll be happy that England remains competitive in the CL. Plus atmospheres and crowds will improve across board.

It'll never catch on though so it's not worth debating in anyway. Customers rule supreme for what little clubs care about in-stadium and player wages are everything outside of that.

Guest neesy111

Why? What's better about the Bundesliga than can feasibly be replicated? We've got a more lucrative league of far better footballing quality.

This is certainly debatable from the absolute dross the premier league has been this season.

How much is ticketing and STs worth as a % of a club's turnover nowadays? Probably not that much given the monster TV deals and sponsorships going around. I know every penny counts, but lower ticket prices and thus more packed stadiums would probably be a positive for the clubs too.

It certainly tends to when there's a far better standard of players on the pitch.

How are fans treated like criminals? As if standing is a good thing. What about beer? And how don't they allow 'Ashley style' ownership? What sanctions are in place to prevent lack of emotional/financial investment? Sounds like you're just telling fibs.

How much is ticketing and STs worth as a % of a club's turnover nowadays? Probably not that much given the monster TV deals and sponsorships going around. I know every penny counts, but lower ticket prices and thus more packed stadiums would probably be a positive for the clubs too.

It's getting lower and lower. At last count it was about a third for us IIRC.

EDIT: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/01/premier-league-accounts-club-by-club-david-conn

This is before the new TV deal took hold too IIRC.

I went to most games for over 19 years. I was treat like a criminal once, and that was in Marseille.

And that rule, by the sounds of it, would be about as difficult to get round for Mike Ashley as a fence made of sticks and sellotape.

Beer in the stands, for crying out loud. As if that lends itself to a significantly better matchday experience - especially coming from someone talking about the liability of alcohol to the taxpayer a few weeks backs.

Do German grounds have much bother as a result of allowing beer in the stands?

Dont' think so.

Only seems to kick off in very localised derby/rival games.

Germans can be trusted unlike the English though...when it comes to drink

EDIT: Although...http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/rise-in-bundesliga-attendances-matched-by-a-sharp-increase-in-violence.25598234

Nah.

Yep exactly, although people here do get more tanked up in the lead up to the game and at half time as a result of having to go without for a bit, myself included.

This is certainly debatable from the absolute dross the premier league has been this season.

The general footballing standard is better in the Bundesliga, even if the Premier League is traditionally a more attractive proposition and able to attract better players. The Bundesliga offers a generally better standard of football with considerably less resources, I'd say.

Nah.

Yep exactly, although people here do get more tanked up in the lead up to the game and at half time as a result of having to go without for a bit, myself included.

I hear the Germans got a bit "tanked up" a while back, though. :lol:

:coat:

The general footballing standard is better in the Bundesliga, even if the Premier League is traditionally a more attractive proposition and able to attract better players. The Bundesliga offers a generally better standard of football with considerably less resources, I'd say.

Absolutely, a better product all round really.