Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Guest antz1uk

It's the old style of assuming black people are foreign which they probably mostly were when he was younger. I don't believe there's any malice in it but it's very stupid...

that doesn't wash with me, he's a very intelligent bloke that's managed to evolve his coaching and methods over many years. yet can come out with something as ignorant as that. it's just wrong. it's like they sort of accept other races into their culture but fail to believe that they are fully italian because of the colour of their skin. i find it so hard to believe they can be so racist, from a nation that has some of the most emigrants in so many other countries that faced much of the same thing for decades

Arrigo Sacchi on Italian youth teams: "We have lost our dignity and pride, because there are too many foreign players in our youth teams. In our youth teams, there are too many black players. We can't have teams with 15 foreign players each."

"I'm definitely not a racist, which my managerial record proves as I had Frank Rijkaard starting for me, but looking at this tournament (Viareggio Tournament), I see that there are too many black players."

When trying to save face later, he added: "I've been misinterpreted. All I said was I saw a team with four black lads starting. I've always coached teams with diverse players, and signed plenty of coloured players, both in my time in Real Madrid and Milan. My point was that we are losing our pride and national identity."

:undecided:

Guest John Carvery

Ron Atkinson was a silly thing that slipped out but that doesn't make it ok. This is a pre planned assault on blacks. Terrible

Arrigo Sacchi on Italian youth teams: "We have lost our dignity and pride, because there are too many foreign players in our youth teams. In our youth teams, there are too many black players. We can't have teams with 15 foreign players each."

"I'm definitely not a racist, which my managerial record proves as I had Frank Rijkaard starting for me, but looking at this tournament (Viareggio Tournament), I see that there are too many black players."

When trying to save face later, he added: "I've been misinterpreted. All I said was I saw a team with four black lads starting. I've always coached teams with diverse players, and signed plenty of coloured players, both in my time in Real Madrid and Milan. My point was that we are losing our pride and national identity."

This is the club where not too long ago Combat 18 leaflets would be handed out before games and their most popular fanzine wouldn't record the goals scored by black players, unsurprising that despite the gentrification in the PL era these cunts still exist.