Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

I was allowed to go home from school when we sold Andy Cole, because I was crying too much.

Typical NPW

What a dick. Mind you, the atmosphere at our Primary School when Keegan resigned in '97 was so bleak that anyone unfamiliar with football would've assumed there'd been a multiple child fatalities as a result of a shooting rampage.

Guest firetotheworks

I think I'd go as far as saying that us selling Cole was my first experience of heartbreak. :lol: Everyone was devastated. Ginola was as bad because I was the only one that was gutted, so it wasn't a shared thing like Cole was. Even our teachers were gutted when Cole went.

I think I'd go as far as saying that us selling Cole was my first experience of heartbreak. :lol: Everyone was devastated. Ginola was as bad because I was the only one that was gutted, so it wasn't a shared thing like Cole was. Even our teachers were gutted when Cole went.

I say this all the time but there was a geet funny joke going around which was "Newcastle are selling Cole" and the shite punchline was "Aye, ten pound a bag".  Katie bloody Hedquist said to me that afternoon when we left school "Newcastle have sold Cole" and I was all like "Aye, ten pound a bag and you said it wrong".

I was really devastated like, he was a real hero of mine when I was a kid.  Still think Carroll leaving was worse though, was looking like a real world beater and could have been a Geordie number 9 for 10-15 years.  That transfer showed you that football is just shite and means nowt really.

I cried in 97 when dad picked me up from school to reveal Keegan's departure. He doesn't like football, but even he knew this was big.

I didn't know what to do when Keegan left like, had presumed he'd always be our manager.  Signed a 10 year contract or something, didn't he?

Same. :lol: I often wish I'd realised then how cruel football could be and just decided not to bother following it.