Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

'Only'

Fucking King Ron here.

You know what I mean, though. He doesn't have the finances to just piss away hundreds of millions on players.

A billion is a thousand million.

Fucking love it when York puts modesty to one side and reminds us of the financial shrewdness he acquired working on the bins, like.

:lol:

If the guy wanted to blow hundreds of millions on players, he absolutely could.

Fouls for denying a clear goal scoring opportunity in the penalty box won't be punished with a red card any more, starting from the Euros this summer.

That's ridiculous people will take one for the team and gambl on them missing the penalty surely??

the triple punishment always seemed harsh for me (pen, red card and ban)

Why? You commit a foul that is worthy of a red card and you deserve a ban, if you do it in the penalty area then it is worthy of a penalty.

From now on, every time someone is through on goal you could foul them outside the penalty area and get a red but wait until they go in the area and get a yellow? :lol: how ridiculous.

Obviously it doesn't mean you can do whatever you want in the box, if a tackle is bad enough to be a red card tackle then it's still a red card.

Fouls for denying a clear goal scoring opportunity in the penalty box won't be punished with a red card any more, starting from the Euros this summer.

That's ridiculous people will take one for the team and gambl on them missing the penalty surely??

Why? You commit a foul that is worthy of a red card and you deserve a ban, if you do it in the penalty area then it is worthy of a penalty.

From now on, every time someone is through on goal you could foul them outside the penalty area and get a red but wait until they go in the area and get a yellow? :lol: how ridiculous.

Obviously it doesn't mean you can do whatever you want in the box, if a tackle is bad enough to be a red card tackle then it's still a red card.

It must not automatically be a red card. But it still can be. Suarez hand ball at WC2008 would still deserve a red imo.

Perhaps something like what Mertesacker did against Chelsea wouldn't be a straight red but even then I don't think a yellow and freekick is enough. I think when someone is clearly through on goal there's no option. If they're in the box it's a red card offence because the opportunity is so big. If he's not in the box but its a clear opportunity that's even more reason to make it a red.

What's the % of penalties scored?  I'd imagine it's higher than the % of one on ones, or 'clear goal scoring opportunities'.  How you define each 1 on 1 and chance, is a bit of a tricky one, of course.  But I've always found the red card, pen and then a ban, a bit harsh. 

I just think running at full tilt towards the goal, with a keeper rushing out and a defender coming back towards you.  Is usually going to be a lot harder to score than a pen.  So you haven't really robbed them of a goal scoring opportunity.  If it's outside the box, fair enough.  As obviously the chance of scoring from a free kick that is 20-30 yards from goal, is significantly lower.

So the Brøndby manager has had to resign because his chairman had been trashing him and his tactics using a pseudonym on one of the online forums.

Would love it if stifler turned out to be Charnley. Would explain a lot tbh

[emoji38]

Guest Roger Kint

One of the few things we have done right is pushing for £20. Suppose £30 is a start for all those greedy twats that wouldnt do a deal with us.

Guest Roger Kint

£30 is great news, glad to see that has been agreed.

Presumably the 5/6 clubs who agreed £20 with us stick to that too. Far more considerate pricing overall now for our mugs

Guest neesy111

Does this apply to Championship tickets as well?  Might be more relevant for us.

It said Premier League clubs.

From now on, every time someone is through on goal you could foul them outside the penalty area and get a red but wait until they go in the area and get a yellow?[emoji38]how ridiculous.

It must not automatically be a red card. But it still can be. Suarez hand ball at WC2008 would still deserve a red imo.

Perhaps something like what Mertesacker did against Chelsea wouldn't be a straight red but even then I don't think a yellow and freekick is enough. I think when someone is clearly through on goal there's no option. If they're in the box it's a red card offence because the opportunity is so big. If he's not in the box but its a clear opportunity that's even more reason to make it a red.

Who won that particular World Cup?

Arsenal fans calling for Wenger to be sacked in a season that they are challenging for a title, challenging for an FA Cup win and only beaten in the worlds greats competition by the worlds greatest team.

Yet we are the deluded and over-expectant fans for booing after a 3-1 home defeat to a team with the size and history of my local pub side which keeps us in the bottom 3 as we have been for the most of the season :lol:

Wonder what shit Mersen will sprout next?